Note 5: How many S-pens have YOU been through?

A

AC Question

I've had my Note 5 for all of 4 months and am on Spen number 3! So frustrating! Is no one else's Spen breaking with normal use? The whole reason I got the Note over the Edge is the stylus/ability to write my notes out. Hard to believe I'm the only one...making me consider legal action. Samsung said it won't cover it because it's an "accessory" and broke with "normal use".

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, what are you doing to the pen to break them? 3 in 4 months :O I've never had to replace the spen once on any of my Note devices. Are you leaning too heavy?

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I need to buy a new one but just don't use it enough to warrant buying a new one. My clicker won't click so it's a pain to get out.

Posted via my AT&T Note 5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 for all of 4 months and am on Spen number 3! So frustrating! Is no one else's Spen breaking with normal use? The whole reason I got the Note over the Edge is the stylus/ability to write my notes out. Hard to believe I'm the only one...making me consider legal action. Samsung said it won't cover it because it's an "accessory" and broke with "normal use".

Legal action? Smh

Posted via the Android Central App

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd dare say you're better off typing that "writing" sounds like you have grip strength/pressure issues. This isn't me being critical...I spent four years in calligraphy learning to write the various forms of Japanese...learning to write with your wrist and not your fingers is a skill...

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd dare say you're better off typing that "writing" sounds like you have grip strength/pressure issues. This isn't me being critical...I spent four years in calligraphy learning to write the various forms of Japanese...learning to write with your wrist and not your fingers is a skill...

I think it's also a grip issue. I learned shorthand and to write for long periods of time, you have to keep your fingers and hand loose so you don't tire out. A lot of people grip tightly thinking it will improve writing, but it doesn't always.

I've had my Note 5 since launch day and never had to replace my Spen. I use it for games daily if nothing else.

Posted via the *Note 5*

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am still using the original S pen that came with my Note 5 since the pre-ordered Note 5 arrived at my door. "Normal Use" like "Treasure" is in the eye of the beholder. Remember grasshopper, a stylus is a tool but it is not a hammer.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Same one. I bought one, just in case, because I use mine A LOT (maybe I should have just got a freaking note pad LOL) but never even have changed the nib...

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

The s-pen is not an "accessory," it the selling point of the note series PERIOD! Anything else is bs

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Legal action......... Lol, calm down. Try not gripping it like a gorilla.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using the original nib that came with my Note 3 almost 3 years ago. So is my wife. Mine rubs against the screen protector of an Otterbox Defender, and it still hasn't broken or worn out.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I need to buy a new one but just don't use it enough to warrant buying a new one. My clicker won't click so it's a pain to get out.

If I were you I'd buy a new S Pen my clicker stopped working and I delayed getting a new one and long story short the S Pen Sensor of my Note 5 stopped working due to the clicker not working

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine in January and still have the original.

Also still have the originals on my Note 4 and Note Edge.

I had my Note5 since late September and I was forced to get a new S Pen and my Note5 warranty'd due to the S Pen clicker not working and ended up damaging the S Pen Sensor on my Note5 due to trying to get the S Pen out.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I've been through 2. The first one broke after 2 weeks. The pen came out in half. The phone was not dropped or banged. Samsung did not want to replace it. I had to purchase a new one.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If I were you I'd buy a new S Pen my clicker stopped working and I delayed getting a new one and long story short the S Pen Sensor of my Note 5 stopped working due to the clicker not working

I ordered today loll finally decided to bite the bullet and get one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt