Problems Sideloading Marshmallow Update on AT&T Note 5

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I followed all instructions pointed to in another thread here regarding using ADB to sideload the marshmallow update downloaded from the AT&T servers.
I was able to obtain all tools listed, installed ADB, put my phone in recovery mode, selected apply update from ADB, went to the command prompt inside the directory where both ADB and the downloaded file were located, typed in adb sideload and the name of the file including the .zip extension, and it gives the following error: cannot read blahblahblah.zip file. I have searched for solutions and have found none that work. Anybody out there that has done this and gotten the same error and been able to fix it?

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to re-download the MM update again? There's a chance that the one you downloaded is corrupt. Also, you did add the .zip to the end of the actual file itself correct?

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
OK - After a week of not trying to update.....I decided to try again. This time I re-downloaded the update file, placed it directly in the same directory as ADB, and did not add the .zip to the file name. It worked like a charm and all is well. I now have Marshmallow on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech