Not able to see Note5 when I use Android Device Manager

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All my other Android phones have showed up on https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager when I log in on the site. My Samsung Note 5 should be no different. I am signed into Google on the device, and it shows up when I look at my devices in Google settings.

But, when I attempt to follow any Google instructions on how to "turn on" Device Locator on my phone, the instructions really do not apply to the Note 5.

What am I missing? Can someone provide some insight into making sure my Note 5 can be spotted on Android Device Manager?

thanks,
Kit

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the phone, go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​ and make sure Android Device Manager is checked on.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This happens to my Note 4, my Note 3 and 5 show up but not the 4. And I have checked the device administrator which is checked. I have tried everything and it just refuses to 'see' the Note 4. So I just downloaded my carriers version which cost me 5.99/month but at least it finds all the phones on my account . 😕

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I did that. It AND Lookout are both turned on. The Lookout works fine - and I guess it will have to do.
But I am a little disappointed that the Android Device Manager can seek and find my old *** Nexus 7 - but doesn't even recognize my Note 5.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Instead of paying 6 bucks a month - try Lookout. It is free and provides a very similar service to Android Device Manager.