So myself and quite a few others over at S4GRU.com (Sprint forums) have noticed that after upgrading to Marshmallow from Lollipop that the signal strength on our phones is not the same, infact it is a lot worse. For example when I would be at my desk my signal strength on LTE would be around ~105 dBm, now on the same LTE band (B41) I am at ~115 dBm. Nothing has changed other than software, I used to never see 3G on my Note 5 until the update to Marshmallow. Now I notice I am dropping back to 3G when I never did before the update, and from what I am seeing it's not just Sprint's variant that is having issues, I am curious if anyone has noticed this problem and if so is there any solution to it?
    06-15-2016 08:10 PM
    I've noticed it as well, thought maybe it was just me.
    06-15-2016 08:55 PM
    Unfortunately I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Marshmallow really turned a great rf performer into a crap shoot.
    06-15-2016 09:24 PM
    Just a thought: have you contacted your service provider? What about Wi-Fi strength?

This is unfortunate. Hopefully these bugs will get addressed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-15-2016 09:31 PM
    WiFi is fine, it's just the cellular radio that is having issues. And I'm not the only one having this issue, it's not a provider issue as it is a Samsung issue.
    06-16-2016 12:30 PM
    I have also noticed this problem on my sprint note 5. It started after the marshmallow update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2016 11:39 AM
    I've contacted Sprint and they are apparently aware of the issue and are working with Samsung to fix the issue, no eta unfortunately.
    06-17-2016 08:06 PM
    I am with T-Mobile and noticed a difference! First I thought it was towers close to work since my phone calls started dropping at a different spot. Once at work there is a section that wouldn't send text messages and the phone kept searching for signal. I was not registered on the network. I asked T-Mobile twice and they said nothing was wrong with towers in the area. I tried a new Sim card at their suggestion. I even did a factory reset and there has been no change. I'm SO glad to see this is possibly another thing due to the Marshmallow update vs a local issue. Hope they fix it soon! I can now stop trying to figure it out.
    06-18-2016 10:54 AM
    WiFi is fine, it's just the cellular radio that is having issues. And I'm not the only one having this issue, it's not a provider issue as it is a Samsung issue.
    Since the carrier gets to "tweak" the OS before it is released to its customers it just as easily could be a carrier issue as well as or instead of a Samsung issue. As an example, I am on Verizon and my measured signal strength for 4G LTE service is exactly the same if not a bit better after the MM update.
    06-18-2016 11:19 AM
    Since the carrier gets to "tweak" the OS before it is released to its customers it just as easily could be a carrier issue as well as or instead of a Samsung issue. As an example, I am on Verizon and my measured signal strength for 4G LTE service is exactly the same if not a bit better after the MM update.
    My friend on Verizon has the same issue, service got worse after the update.
    06-19-2016 08:07 PM
    Well after two weeks of back and forth, we still don't know what the problem is. However I was finally able to convince them to send me a replacement, hopefully the replacement will have lollipop on it and I can hopefully avoid this issue by not upgrading to marshmallow. But I will know if there is a difference or not as soon as I turn it on, I know the exact dBm my current phone is on my desk where it always sits ~110-115 on B41 so if it's back a little over 100 dBm we have a winner. I will report back when I get the replacement which will hopefully be tomorrow, Asurion shipping is great and is usually next day.
    06-29-2016 07:43 PM
    I have the same issue as well as kicking me into 4g instead of LTE in a lot of places. I have restart the phone to get back into LTE coverage.
    06-30-2016 11:01 AM
    Phone will be here tomorrow, the holiday really baback up my shipment like lol.
    07-04-2016 12:21 PM
    No change with the replacement, just another dud... Don't know what to do at this point.
    07-05-2016 05:33 PM
    Got a S7 too and same thing, it has nothing to do with the phone it's something on the network side. Oh well I tried.
    07-11-2016 09:23 PM