Hey all. My Note 5 has been constantly cycling through boots since I installed the update. Normally I wait but hit download accidentally.

Anyway, the phone turns on, goes through the startup screens, etc. It lets me swipe to open the phone and looks as though it is running normally but only stays on for 10-15 seconds before shutting down and booting again. Over and over.

On the lock screen it gives me the alert "Update Google Play Services - Google play services won't run..."

Obviously I can't update anything, or do anything at all.

I tried starting in safe mode but the phone behaves the same. Stays on for 10 seconds then reboots. I tried clearing the cache partition (per a few tutorials) but that did nothing. (I did the home/volume up, get the little android dude thinger to wipe cache)

I'm not really that into phones and I'd rather not factory reset it (If I even can with the phone in this state)

Very frustrated with this phone right now. Any advice?
    06-22-2016 09:30 PM
    If you can get the phone to power down completely. Hold the volume up, home and power buttons all at the same time, and then release after the first screen goes away. Using the volume buttons and power button, select factory reset (you will lose everything) and then when that's done select wipe cache partition. Maybe that will get you out
    06-22-2016 09:43 PM
    Hey all. My Note 5 has been constantly cycling through boots since I installed the update. Normally I wait but hit download accidentally.

Anyway, the phone turns on, goes through the startup screens, etc. It lets me swipe to open the phone and looks as though it is running normally but only stays on for 10-15 seconds before shutting down and booting again. Over and over.

On the lock screen it gives me the alert "Update Google Play Services - Google play services won't run..."

Obviously I can't update anything, or do anything at all.

I tried starting in safe mode but the phone behaves the same. Stays on for 10 seconds then reboots. I tried clearing the cache partition (per a few tutorials) but that did nothing. (I did the home/volume up, get the little android dude thinger to wipe cache)

I'm not really that into phones and I'd rather not factory reset it (If I even can with the phone in this state)

Very frustrated with this phone right now. Any advice?
    If you can't get into recovery, you should still be able to flash the phone back to 5.1 using the firmware on XDA developers in download mode. If you need help with that, give a shout. If you can get into recovery, on the other hand, try wiping your cache, or that failing, reset the phone. With bootlooping sometimes you can get into recovery mode sometimes not.

edit, sorry I see you did the cache clear, in that case you will need to do a full reset and see if that takes.
    06-22-2016 09:52 PM
    If you're uncomfortable with that, maybe just take the phone to the Samsung store at Best Buy and ask them to flash Marshmallow.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-22-2016 09:59 PM