Adding fonts?

Barry110

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Tried 2 font pack downloads from play store for FlipFont. The newly loaded fonts display correctly, and adjust in size, put when I select to install, get an error dialog Font can't be installed. The only font I got to load was tge SamsungSans when selecting add more fonts. So, can you add more fonts (without rooting) or not?

Posted via the Android Central App

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried 2 font pack downloads from play store for FlipFont. The newly loaded fonts display correctly, and adjust in size, put when I select to install, get an error dialog Font can't be installed. The only font I got to load was tge SamsungSans when selecting add more fonts. So, can you add more fonts (without rooting) or not?

Unfortunately the ability to use third party fonts was removed in Marshmallow, assuming that's what you have.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
dakini03 is correct, only flipfonts factory installed or gotten from the Samsung store will work after MM.

Barry110

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys, too bad fonts somewhat boring. Never rooted any of my samsung phones...would that then allow it? Recommend rooting phone on scale from 1 (no) to (10) yes?

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Thats so not true!! I actually have HiFont installed on my before the Marshmallow update and still has my current third party font after update. Thats always the first thing I do is to install a custom font...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats so not true!! I actually have HiFont installed on my before the Marshmallow update and still has my current third party font after update. Thats always the first thing I do is to install a custom font...

Good to know that there seems to be at least one work-around. Hopefully for you, if you have to do a factory reset you will still be able to use the work-around.

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done a factory reset after the update. I've been running Marshmallow now for a couple of days without any issues. Hopefully I won't have to factory reset (knocking on wood) lol.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done a factory reset after the update. I've been running Marshmallow now for a couple of days without any issues. Hopefully I won't have to factory reset (knocking on wood) lol.

I hope you don't because I believe you are running a "legacy" app that will not work after a reset. But then I have been wrong before :cool:

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I was able to still use the third party font until I was tried changing to another font. Then I got the error notification and then none of them worked except stock. Very disappointed. Have you tried changing to another font and back to what you currently use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay