Help!!! Retrieve photos after accidental factory reset? Verizon Galaxy Note 5

estell85

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally factory reset my phone. I've had it less than 60 days and I've lost precious pictures and video. I did not have a Google Photos account set up and my cloud was full (I know I'm an *****). Is there any way to restore what I have lost? Thank you in advance :'(

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally factory reset my phone. I've had it less than 60 days and I've lost precious pictures and video. I did not have a Google Photos account set up and my cloud was full (I know I'm an *****). Is there any way to restore what I have lost? Thank you in advance :'(

This page may help you. Note, I have never used any of these but they are directly related to your issue.
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-restore-an-Android-phones-pictures-after-a-factory-data-reset

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually deleted about 1,756 photos from my camera roll by accident and damn near fainted. I Googled like crazy and came across FonePaw which recovered all my deleted photos. It was a bit pricey to register the software but the memories i've captured, it was totally worth every penny. Hope this helps!! fonepaw-android-data-recovery-serial-key-download.png

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually deleted about 1,756 photos from my camera roll by accident and damn near fainted. I Googled like crazy and came across FonePaw which recovered all my deleted photos. It was a bit pricey to register the software but the memories i've captured, it was totally worth every penny. Hope this helps!! View attachment 230721

If it doesn't require temporary root then it is a great piece of software for use with Verizon phones. And I agree with you memories are far more valuable to an individual than even more than a couple of bucks. Thanks for the info.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You didn't choose to let google back up your photos and files/settings? If you did, then after the reset, you should have been able to restore from backup, it would've prompted that.

If not, I'd be sure going forward, to goto your backup and reset option in settings, and make sure this it toggle on.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If it doesn't require temporary root then it is a great piece of software for use with Verizon phones. And I agree with you memories are far more valuable to an individual than even more than a couple of bucks. Thanks for the info.

I could be wrong, but I believe there's a difference between "deleting" which he didn't and factory reset which he did. If he/she would have deleted, then I'd those programs might work, but he did a FFR, I think that's it and no recovery is possible. Unless of course that program specifically says it can, after an "FFR."

Like I said, I could be wrong.

Chris

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe there's a difference between "deleting" which he didn't and factory reset which he did. If he/she would have deleted, then I'd those programs might work, but he did a FFR, I think that's it and no recovery is possible. Unless of course that program specifically says it can, after an "FFR."

Like I said, I could be wrong.

Chris

That could be true. However, it might also be true you can recover data after a Factory Reset if my understanding that a Factory Reset only deletes the master data file and not the data itself. Thus, if such data has not been physically written over it might be possible to recover it. Of course is it has been written over, for practical proposes, it is lost forever.
But in either case it isn't a situation most of us would like to get into.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That could be true. However, it might also be true you can recover data after a Factory Reset if my understanding that a Factory Reset only deletes the master data file and not the data itself. Thus, if such data has not been physically written over it might be possible to recover it. Of course is it has been written over, for practical proposes, it is lost forever.
But in either case it isn't a situation most of us would like to get into.

Agreed

estell85

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the input neither program worked as they require me to root my phone. I'm trying to decide whether to just give up on my pictures/videos or leave my phone off and leave it in a drawer until someone figures it out.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If some of the pictures were sent to you via text messages the pictures are most likely still attached to the text messages. If you have a backup of the text messages you will be able to recover all of those pictures.

estell85

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I have not tried or used this for recovering smartphone based data, but if the Note 5 can be recognized as a drive on the computer, then something like this may be an option. Looks like Seagate also offers an In-Lab recovery service.
File recovery software: Free download to quickly recover your files | Seagate

Trees we were unable to have the phone recognized as a drive, thank you for the suggestion. I have mournfully given up on recovery and started using my device again. Thanks for your supportive suggestions!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Trees we were unable to have the phone recognized as a drive, thank you for the suggestion. I have mournfully given up on recovery and started using my device again. Thanks for your supportive suggestions!

You may wish to try;
If you don't have Developer Options option: Settings>About Phone>Baseband version - tap on this until you get a notice that Developer Options is activated (about 7 times).
Settings>Developer Options>USB Configuration>MTP for media in general or PTP for pictures>back out to Home Screen.
Then you may be able to have your PC see and connect to your phone as an external storage device.

Britney Reed

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Omg! The same thing happened to me tgis past march! I have all my photos on it from my sons birth and up to 6 weeks! Ive been devastated and keep googling hoping to find someone who has figured this out. :(

I keep telling myself to just let it go. But for now its in a drawer :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek