Contacts are duplicated 3 and 4 times each.

GeoGoGo

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just had my Note 4 replaced under TEP and I was given a Note 5. I really like the phone, it seems very smooth and snappy. The problem I have is that after Sprint transferred the data over, my contacts have been duplicated 3 and 4 times a piece. I had 261 individual contacts in my phone and now with the duplicates, I have over 700.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I can't imagine going into contacts and deleting the duplicates manually. Is there a better way to get rid of the duplicates? I tried the merge contacts but it only found 2 entries that could be merged.

Any ideas, suggestions, input, or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for the time and have a great weekend!

Respectfully,

George D.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that you check your google account and confirm that there is a proper contacts backup there. Then delete or save first and then delete all contacts from your phone. Finally, download the google account Contacts backup. That should work if the google backup hasn't been overwritten by your multiple entry version. If it doesn't and you saved the phone contacts file before deleting you are no worse off than before you started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz