So for the last few months, my Verizon Note 5 has had some rebooting issues. It's not a full reboot, it's more of a soft reboot. I will be in the middle of using an app, playing a game or whatever and it will happen. Basically, it freezes for a few moments, the screen goes black, and then it takes me back to the unlock screen. When I try to unlock the phone with my fingerprint, it states the phone has been restarted and I have to use my PIN to unlock the phone.
    This has been happening more and more over the last few months, with it getting really bad since the last security patch update earlier this week/last week. Along with some pretty bad battery life now (I think that is part of the most recent update as well, there is another thread going on about that here on the forums), it is getting really frustrating.
    I know there's probably going to be a ton of comments to do a factory reset. That is a last option for me. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. I was actually about to do it earlier today, when I tried to back everything up with Helium, I kept getting this wierd notification about having some sort of password and to have it disabled for Helium to back everything up. Come to find out, I guess that app doesn't play very well with Marshmallow. I'm almost at the point now of trading the phone in and calling it a day; going with the S-7 edge. I don't really use the S-pen as much as I used to now that I have graduated from school, and I am finding it difficult to find cases that I really like or want for the Note series anyway. Plus, the phone isn't playing very well with my new vehilce (2016 Trax). I have even considered getting a ....yep, one of those, since I have a Mac I use all the time and an iPad that I use. I have had a Note since the Note 2 and I really do love the phone, the last few months just have been frustrating.
    Does anyone have any advice or know possibly what I might be able to do to fix this issue? Thanks.....
    06-24-2016 06:34 PM
    My suggestion would be to use Smart Switch and back up the phone to your PC or Mac and then do a factory reset. In my experience anytime Verizon Samsung phone has an OS update or a Security update a Factory Reset is really advantageous and in most cases necessary to get full performance in the phone.
    I realize form numerous factory resets over the years that they take time. But with google to backup the calendar, photos, contacts, and Smart Switch to backup the phone for the applications and settings it has become much, much more painless. I also realize for a number of attempts to fix glitches without a factory reset that I have spent more time with the workarounds and still ended up doing the factory reset to get the phones to work properly.
    But hey, that's just me.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 06:53 PM
    My suggestion would be to use Smart Switch and back up the phone to your PC or Mac and then do a factory reset. In my experience anytime Verizon Samsung phone has an OS update or a Security update a Factory Reset is really advantageous and in most cases necessary to get full performance in the phone.
    I realize form numerous factory resets over the years that they take time. But with google to backup the calendar, photos, contacts, and Smart Switch to backup the phone for the applications and settings it has become much, much more painless. I also realize for a number of attempts to fix glitches without a factory reset that I have spent more time with the workarounds and still ended up doing the factory reset to get the phones to work properly.
    But hey, that's just me.
    THIS
    06-25-2016 06:18 AM
    Ok. This seems like the best plan. I'm going to try this again when I get home after work. I tried earlier, but smart switch would not recognize the note 5.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-25-2016 06:33 AM