Factory Reset after software update.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset following the Marshmallow Update on my AT&T Note5. I restored my contacts, text messages, etc. from Samsung Smart Switch on my computer. Does this method defeat the purpose of a factory reset for purposes of having a clean install? Is there a better way?
Thank you as I'm a bit of a novice.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The factory reset organizes and optimizes the Marshmallow installation and lets it work its best. It's a good thing to do. I had to do it as well to get my phone working right.

It's also okay to restore things unless you had issues before a reset like your phone acting up without any updates. Sometimes an app can cause phone issues, and you don't want to restore apps in that situation until you know they weren't the cause of your problem ;)

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks JDubbs. I really appreciate it.
The phone is working great.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The factory reset organizes and optimizes the Marshmallow installation and lets it work its best. It's a good thing to do. I had to do it as well to get my phone working right.

It's also okay to restore things unless you had issues before a reset like your phone acting up without any updates. Sometimes an app can cause phone issues, and you don't want to restore apps in that situation until you know they weren't the cause of your problem ;)

THIS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay