Help with good lock

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I updated to use the good lock but I can't use finger print says because of security policy.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I updated to use the good lock but I can't use finger print says because of security policy.

Thanks

Are you by chance using Nova Launcher with double tap to lock, or any other screen lock app?
If so, that's what causes it and that's the message you get. Also on the S7 Edge.

Last edited:

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you by chance using Nova Launcher with double tap to lock, or any other screen lock app?
If so, that's what causes it and that's the message you get. Also on the S7 Edge.

Yes I'm using Nova Launcher. If I double tap on the screen it hides the notification bar. I'm not using any other screen lock just good lock. The nova launcher screen lock is off to.

Thank you

Last edited:

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm using Nova Launcher. If I double tap on the screen it hides the notification bar. I'm not using any other screen lock just good lock. The nova launcher screen lock is off to.

Thank you

Are you locking your screen by using the Nova swipe down gesture? That will also cause this behavior. Sorry I just noticed you said you're not.

Last edited:

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you locking your screen by using the Nova swipe down gesture? That will also cause this behavior. Sorry I just noticed you said you're not.

I looked under the gesture and input in Nova Launcher there is no gesture showing lock screen.

Thank you

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I looked under the gesture and input in Nova Launcher there is no gesture showing lock screen.

Thank you

I'm not sure then. I asked about Nova click to lock and other lock apps, because there's a known issue with them tripping the security policy update and requiring a pin or pattern.

If your phone operates normally with Touchwiz, requiring only a fingerprint, then you may have an app causing this behavior or a security setting. If you want to further test any possible problem with Nova and don't mind setting it up again, you could clear the cache and data for Nova and see what happens. If you do that, under device administrators in settings turn off Nova.

I guess you've already cleared the system cache in Recovery and also phone cache Settings/System/Storage, wipe cache. Also of course, a reboot. After a reboot your pin will always be required.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure then. I asked about Nova click to lock and other lock apps, because there's a known issue with them tripping the security policy update and requiring a pin or pattern.

If your phone operates normally with Touchwiz, requiring only a fingerprint, then you may have an app causing this behavior or a security setting. If you want to further test any possible problem with Nova and don't mind setting it up again, you could clear the cache and data for Nova and see what happens. If you do that, under device administrators in settings turn off Nova.

I guess you've already cleared the system cache in Recovery and also phone cache Settings/System/Storage, wipe cache. Also of course, a reboot. After a reboot your pin will always be required.

Thank you, for the help I will try what you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech