Would you still get a note 5?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
With the note 7 coming out the price will be dropping for note 5's . . Obviously the note 7 will be better, but to those of you who have a note 5 do you think it would still be a good buy today?

Posted via the Android Central App

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The Note 5 will be a good buy for a good couple years I would wager. Great phone that does everything one would need from a phone and then some. Buttery smooth running the latest released OS. The only reason I would see to purchase the Note 7 would be the expandable memory and battery, but neither of those have been an issue whatsoever with my 64GB Note 5, especially with fast charging.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
With the note 7 coming out the price will be dropping for note 5's . . Obviously the note 7 will be better, but to those of you who have a note 5 do you think it would still be a good buy today?

I personally believe that there will be a big enough demand for the unlocked version of the 64 gig note 5 that prices won't drop much, especially if buying through the carriers.

The 5 is a sweet phone and with the latest version of mm it's made some great improvements on it and with the curved screen the 7 is going to have there will be enough people who pass on it.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
The Note 5 will be a good buy for a good couple years I would wager. Great phone that does everything one would need from a phone and then some. Buttery smooth running the latest released OS. The only reason I would see to purchase the Note 7 would be the expandable memory and battery, but neither of those have been an issue whatsoever with my 64GB Note 5, especially with fast charging.
Agreed. Aside from the possibility of Android Nougat and the expandable memory, the specs will probably be an incremental jump so if the price is right, I say go for it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 is fantastic, and if you're looking to save some money and not quite ready to go for the higher price of the Note 7 when it comes out, the Note 5 is a great buy. I use mine heavily for work and home alike. It can do anything I need and is just a fantastic device all around. Plus I figure waiting a few months after release and being out there on the market, there'll be some specials on the Note 7.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The note 5 is still a really solid phone, great screen and very good battery life. I wish I had 64gb version the 32 is almost filled up now. That is my main issue. I want the sd card back for all my pictures and videos. I did have the s7 edge for a couple weeks and took it back. Missed the note features too much, but I like what samsung is doing. I do the the note 5 will be a solid phone for the next couple years if you can deal with the storage options. Mine hasn't gone to crap after software updates like my note 4 did. My note 4 was almost unusable after lollipop, but my note 5 has been solid on mm.

kenlhlp

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I found the note 5 to be the worst smart phone I have ever owned. Sorry battery life, crashes often. Went back to the active.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I found the note 5 to be the worst smart phone I have ever owned. Sorry battery life, crashes often. Went back to the active.

After dealing with serious issues with mine, no I wouldn't buy another one. Hoping the 6/7 won't be like the 5.

I'd wager you two received defective devices as what you are describing is definitely the exception, not the norm. This phone has been rock solid, no crashing and very smooth even through the update to MM.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I would wait until the Note 7 comes out.......

Then,wait for the Note 5 price to drop and then buy it.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
It's worth buying if you're trying to save money. I love my Note5. I got mines on September and I've been very happy with it, I got the 32GB model so that i wish it had a Micro SD slot so I don't have to worry about losing space but I did find a work around for a lack of built in micro SD card slot. If you buy a Meenova Dash Micro it will alleviate for the lack of micro SD card.
bfdee76e4e652b7017d04166e57308c8.jpg

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my Note 5 I went back to Verizon to buy a Note 4 for my daughter thinking the phone would be sharply discounted. I was surprised when the price of the 4 was almost the same as the 5. So I wouldn't count on some new great deal.

Periodically I see great deals on both the 5 and the 4. But these are special promotions and it's a mater of catch as catch can.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Only problem I had with this phone is battery life but I knew coming in you wouldn't quite expect superb battery life with its huge 5.8 inch screen

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say yes. These days, just because you don't have the latest and greatest, doesn't mean what was "just out" a year or so ago can't be just as good for a suitable upgrade. :)

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up on eBay for $425 - New 32gb Verizon. So far it's absolutely great! I've had Galaxy S's, but this by far takes the cake. Very fast and smooth...would definilty by again.

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Note 5 from a member here, and I can't wait to get it in the mail. I've been an iPhone & BlackBerry user for the last 8-years, and although I still enjoy the iPhone and iOS as a whole...I've become a little weary of the "same old thing"...so, this will be my first Android device! All the specs look good, and I got a screaming deal...so I expect the transition to go well. I may have to start an "iPhone 6s to Note 5" thread or something! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae