Are any Note 5 owners going to jump to the Note 7 on day 1?

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I really love my Note 5, but if the N7 is indeed an edge variety it'll likely be my last Note device. The 'edge' feature brings nothing to the table for me and I dislike the way it holds in hand. I could get used to it I'm sure, but there's far too many other great options out there. The length of time it takes for the carrier updates, bloatware and limitations has soured me, so I'm likely going Nexus or rumored 'Google Phone' (if not strictly Project Fi) next. I'll miss the N5, but I don't need to rush to any decisions for at least 6-12 more months.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not likely. Happy with my Note 5 and not wanting to spend $. Only had my 5 about 6 mos now. Had the Edge and wasn't thrilled with the Edge features anyway.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
what happened to the note 6 ?
Apparently they decided that the differential numbering between the regular Galaxy and the NOte series, made it seem like the Note was outdated, so they are skipping the 6 and calling it the 7 to get into sync with the Galaxy series.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I will be upgrading day 1. I love the note series and know it will be better than the current phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure that's a Sprint issue, not the phone. Sprint doesn't allow mobile data and voice at once..their network is outdated.
I was able to do both with the note 2 on sprint network. Was very disappointed after leasing the note 5 and finding out the spark network took away this feature.
Signal strength also has been an issue too. I'm 1 mile away from the tower straight down my road and bars will go from full to one constantly.
I know this isn't a rip sprint blog but jeez if they ever want to be #1 they need to get it together.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The Note 7 definitely looks like a nice device, but this will be the first time I don't really have any real desire to upgrade to the next in line right away. Very happy with my 64GB AT&T Note 5! I'll likely ride this one out and see what comes after the Note 7.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Not on Day 1, but as soon as I'm able to use my Jump upgrade, then I'll just pay my current phone off to keep as a back up and then get the Note 7. I think thats around November or so.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I was able to do both with the note 2 on sprint network. Was very disappointed after leasing the note 5 and finding out the spark network took away this feature.
Signal strength also has been an issue too. I'm 1 mile away from the tower straight down my road and bars will go from full to one constantly.
I know this isn't a rip sprint blog but jeez if they ever want to be #1 they need to get it together.

I totally understand. I'm in the same position. Signal strength just suddenly went down to almost nothing. I took mine in to sprint. I'm now on my 4th phone since January. This one is acting the same way. They told me that they're aware of the problem and all I can do is to report it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I would like to know if it is a sprint issue or a Samsung issue. I don't know anyone with sprint in my area with a different phone to come and see what it would do.
I love my note 5 but with the jumping signal my battery life is horrible compared to other user reviews.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know if it is a sprint issue or a Samsung issue. I don't know anyone with sprint in my area with a different phone to come and see what it would do.
I love my note 5 but with the jumping signal my battery life is horrible compared to other user reviews.

I would suggest it is a Sprint issue. My son living in CT had Sprint and depending on the dip in the road or hill around his location traveling back and forth to work his Sprint Samsung Note 5 phone lost signal. Now with a Verizon Samsung Note 5 phone he always has signal that works everywhere.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Curious why the camera is going from 16mp down to 12mp. A co-worker bought the S7 Edge and the camera is also 12mp but does much better in low light situations, that's the only thing I can think of. I don't print the photos or anything so it's not that big of a deal, just thought it was odd. Not really a fan of the Edge but my co worker has a case on his and it didn't seem too bad. If they do bring back the expandable storage that would be a plus but I will wait until I can actually handle one to see if I like it and see what the official specs are.

Zardos

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If there is a non-edge screen version. Day of release.

If there is only an edge screen version, I will pick one up a week after release and not be happy about it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Initially, I thought "Yes", and still may.

But, there's some cold water that's been thrown on the Note 7 buzz in the past couple of days. Most notably, the proc will be a SD 820, a fine choice for phones that were hitting the market 6 months ago. Also, the 6gb RAM looks like it won't happen. The same 4gb RAM as Note 5 is likely.

I'll probably pull the trigger in early Sept just 'cause I want to wait for Sams Club to get them in stock. Between their discount and my subsidized VZW account I'd hope to land the newest Note again for under $100. We'll see.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
With the latest news that the SnapDragon 821 will be in the US carrier models I will definitely wait for the Unlocked version. If it too has the SnapDragon 821 I will pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow