AT&T Note 5 recently updated with Marshmallow. I always log in using fingerprints but when I restarted today, the phone is requesting that I enter a PIN "instead of fingerprint recognition after restarting to protect fingerprints".

Problem is, I don't think I've ever used a pin and everything I enter that I might have used is incorrect. What do I do now?
    07-07-2016 11:44 AM
    Whenever a fingerprint is setup it always makes you choose some sort of backup method to get into the phone (such as PIN). You must enter that PIN to get in. You can try logging into your Google Account on a PC and then go to Android Device Manager (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager). From there you can setup a new password and GPS/Locate your device.

You can also check this guide out as well -- http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...read-here.html.
    07-07-2016 11:49 AM
    When you initially set up your fingerprints you either set up a pin or a password as well. With the Marshmallow update whenever you restart your phone, or it's inactive for a 24hr period of time, you'll need to enter your pin or password before you can continue to use fingerprints as your security measure.
    07-07-2016 11:51 AM
    I agreed with everyone here. You must set the PIN or other password when you first setup the fingerprints. I believe the MM encrypt the phone by default, I know the Nexus phone did. You will need to provide password or PIN to decrypt the phone at restart, then the fingerprints after phone is up. You will require pin/password as well when inactive for a many hours. IPhone is the same way.
    07-07-2016 01:55 PM
    With the update to Marshmallow the first login after a reboot now has to be a PIN, even if you normally unlock with a fingerprint.
    07-07-2016 04:04 PM