Verizon Note 5 update?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Anyone seeing an update for their Note 5? Verizon appears to be pushing security patch and other fixes out right now for both the Note 5 and S6 edge+.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
fc3d8f0e59541cbd2384fb3c448a1cf4.jpg

Thanks I'll update it right now

All done....took about 15 minutes...

1ce716b694d85cfe2a94558a488e67bc.jpg

Last edited:

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't advise doing it if you like wireless charging.

it broke wireless charging on mine. Was charging fine, ran update with device on my samsung fast wireless charger, now it will start charging, pause, maybe go back and forth a few times, and then just not recognize.

Seems like if a notification pops up on the screen it will cause wireless charging to pause and not come back. Not pleased.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't advise doing it if you like wireless charging.

it broke wireless charging on mine. Was charging fine, ran update with device on my samsung fast wireless charger, now it will start charging, pause, maybe go back and forth a few times, and then just not recognize.

Seems like if a notification pops up on the screen it will cause wireless charging to pause and not come back. Not pleased.

Fortunately, I am not having that issue. But I don't use a Samsung branded fast wireless charger after seeing all the issues people have had with them.

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Fortunately, I am not having that issue. But I don't use a Samsung branded fast wireless charger after seeing all the issues people have had with them.
its been great up until this last update. Same behavior occuring on my old nokia wireless chargers.

Guess I need to wipe and start over, which sucks because I literally just did it a week ago. Should have waited for the July update to drop I guess.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
its been great up until this last update. Same behavior occuring on my old nokia wireless chargers.

Guess I need to wipe and start over, which sucks because I literally just did it a week ago. Should have waited for the July update to drop I guess.

It is very possible the output of the old nokia wireless chargers isn't high enough to work with the Note 5. You may wish to try a non-Samsung branded Fast Charger such as for example this one which I have 3 of and all work perfectly.
https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-C...&qid=1468521067&sr=1-2&keywords=choetech+t513

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
It is very possible the output of the old nokia wireless chargers isn't high enough to work with the Note 5. You may wish to try a non-Samsung branded Fast Charger such as for example this one which I have 3 of and all work perfectly.
https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-C...&qid=1468521067&sr=1-2&keywords=choetech+t513

I'd go that route if they weren't already work fine for the last 8 months, until this update yesterday. It's definitely update related. It was working fine immediately before and hasn't since. Friend with a note 5 put his on my charger and it charges no issues.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Last options I can think of, if not done already, first clear the cache and two, do a factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX