My Note 5 took a short fall and the tempered glass screen protector shattered and my screen remained unharmed. The screen however went black and the blue notification light stayed on.

After looking through some troubleshooting forums, I found the volume down/power restart method and nothing changed. I plugged it into my laptop and the computer didn't even recognize it as plugged in. The blue light turned off though.

Another troubleshooting forum suggested holding the volume up/home/power and if that didn't work to try the volume down/home/power. I tried both and the blue light came back on (solid). I reconnected it to my laptop and it now has a red charging light on and my laptop semi-recognized it by saying it may have malfunctioned and to re-plug it in.

Any hope to get the screen on again?
    07-14-2016 05:36 AM
    It needs a trip to a repair shop. It is impossible to diagnose the issue without the device being physically examined.
    07-14-2016 05:46 AM
    Any update to this, mine did something very recently the same. It's under warranty, so I set up a RMA. Except mine fell from the nightstand onto carpet. We are talking a very light fall.. . Screen is black blue notification light stays on. Cant get into recovery mode, or force restart.

Very inconvient, my phone is my alarm, and much more. All my authenticators, etc. Very annoying to have this happen.
    07-30-2016 10:52 PM