Note 5 Charging and USB-PC problems since OS update

Violetmyst

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I know this may seem like another repeated thread but I am truly stuck as I have tried EVERYTHING to resolve thelse problems since the latest update. I will be as detailed as possible.

These problems only started AFTER the 6.0.1 update on the 13/07/16

Initially my Note 5 was not connecting to the chargers at all. I have 2 (legit) Samsung fast chargers and a S3 Samsung charger. So I took it to repair technicians of where I bought the phone and they told me just to take the case off (which is weird because it worked but it has never had any problem charging with the case on prior) but it worked none the less...that's until I got home.

When I first tried to charge the phone it kept connecting and disconnecting rapidly. Fast charging is also not working. Here is what I tried to fix this:
*Used other Samsung cords and charger blocks
*Disabled S Gear
*Cleaned ports
* Factory resetting phone

Nothing worked.

Then when I tried to connect to my phone to the PC tp recover some music...it would say it is charging but no Media transfer is available.
*No drop down option for Media transfer
*drivers are all up to date
* developer mode did not work

I'm getting so frustrated since this new update, I was wondering if there is anyone that can help..

Tldr; Phone rapidly connects and disconnects, charging is slow and is not connecting to PC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the Note5 forum.

You might want to try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch (or by taking it to your nearest Best Buy and asking the Samsung rep to help you).

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I know this may seem like another repeated thread but I am truly stuck as I have tried EVERYTHING to resolve thelse problems since the latest update. I will be as detailed as possible.

These problems only started AFTER the 6.0.1 update on the 13/07/16

Initially my Note 5 was not connecting to the chargers at all. I have 2 (legit) Samsung fast chargers and a S3 Samsung charger. So I took it to repair technicians of where I bought the phone and they told me just to take the case off (which is weird because it worked but it has never had any problem charging with the case on prior) but it worked none the less...that's until I got home.

When I first tried to charge the phone it kept connecting and disconnecting rapidly. Fast charging is also not working. Here is what I tried to fix this:
*Used other Samsung cords and charger blocks
*Disabled S Gear
*Cleaned ports
* Factory resetting phone

Nothing worked.

Then when I tried to connect to my phone to the PC tp recover some music...it would say it is charging but no Media transfer is available.
*No drop down option for Media transfer
*drivers are all up to date
* developer mode did not work

I'm getting so frustrated since this new update, I was wondering if there is anyone that can help..

Tldr; Phone rapidly connects and disconnects, charging is slow and is not connecting to PC

The default under 6.0.1 is "charging" when using a USB cable. To transfer data/media and have the Note 5 recognized as a external drive you need to change this setting to MTP. You can do this by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB configuration>select MTP>back out using the back button. While the USB configuration selection continues to read "charging" on my Note 5 the phone is recognized as an external device by my PC.
If you don't have Developer Options turned on and don't know how to do that do a search here and on Google.
As to the charging pad issues you may wish to make sure the center back of the phone is directly over the pad's charging coil. I have found the placement more critical since the 6.0.1 update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2