It's been a few weeks since my phone has gone completely useless, and I'm not sure WHAT to do. I've pressed volume up + start button, volume down + home button then start button, but doesn't work. Whenever I attempt to open my phone, the screen stays completely black and the blue light on top left corner appears. The blue light just stays there for hours and the phone gets warm. I would have to press volume down + home button and then start button for 20+ secs to shut it down. Charging it doesn't do much, the red light that usually appears, does not appear at all. My bro downloaded a suspicious game file. I deleted right after, but pop-ups appear, saying "this phone has virus so click here", those annoying types. I figured it's from the file, but it's been deleted. I don't think the file is the root of this problem, but I said it just in case it might.

I bought the phone online last December, and I'm planning to send it to Samsung to fix it. Should I? Having the possibilities that it might get replaced would suck, since there are pictures and other stuff in there that's important, and I'm not really willing to pay for a new phone when this phone isn't all too old. No physical damage on the outside, it just doesn't start whatsoever. And if I have to send it to Samsung, how much would it cost? Is there anything I need to beware of, since I hear lots of complaints about them? Sorry for making this so long.
    07-21-2016 01:24 AM
    Have a virus check. And then send it to Samsung. Careful not to be infected by android ransomware.
    Good luck!
    07-21-2016 02:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    Have you rooted your phone or have you dropped it? This seems like a hardbrick for me..
    Best regards,Mikey. I hope you found what you were looking for.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.
    07-21-2016 04:09 AM
    Fastest and safest fix is to Reflash it using Odin. It's pretty easy to do, as long as you have a pc and download the right file. If you need help feel free to PM me.
    07-21-2016 04:11 AM