Is the Smart Switch Backup working for you?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is Smart Switch Backup working for you?

Did it ever work? I'm curious if your app settings were saved. That's all I care about.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I've used Smart Switch one time following a factory reset. It took about twenty minutes or so. Worked well.
No problems.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I've used Smart Switch one time following a factory reset. It took about twenty minutes or so. Worked well.
No problems.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Ditto, only twice no problems
1.) When switching from Verizon to AT&T (a few minor, expected, carrier change issues only)
2.) When MM arrived

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Mine hangs at ~81%. How long does it take?

(this is on a Mac where everything else is ok)

Mine did the same thing and stalled at 83%. I called my carrier's tech. support and he suggested NOT using a data cord, but rather wirelessly. I loaded the app. on both the old and new phones, followed the prompts and it worked seamlessly and fast. I was impressed

So, I if those of you with problems did it connected to your Mac wth a cord? If so bipass the Mac and do it cordessly the way I did, old phone wirelessly connected to new phone.

Last edited:

newswatcher

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
SW works fine for me. Just to be safe I use Kies3 as a secondary b/u, then I b/u both of them to two external drives for usage if something goes wrong.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Mine is hung up at 77% with Music. Ugh. Note 5 needs to be backed up as the LG v20 gets delivered tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34