Changed Ringtones

MerpsMom

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not a biggie, but annoying. Don't know whether it was MM or just an ATT update, but my chosen default ringtone was axed. And I can't find it again on Zedge. How does stuff like that happen?

Of course, if you've used any Google product for very long, you know to just throw up your hands. Same stuff. (Google loves to keep you unbalanced. "Look at this shiny new thing! You're going to love it!" And you may as well just acquiesce because you're going to GET that shiny new thing.) And why does Google Search just flat quit working sometimes? So irritating.

Rant over. Unless someone can help me find my lovely old default ringtone. :)

MM

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Not a biggie, but annoying. Don't know whether it was MM or just an ATT update, but my chosen default ringtone was axed. And I can't find it again on Zedge. How does stuff like that happen?

Of course, if you've used any Google product for very long, you know to just throw up your hands. Same stuff. (Google loves to keep you unbalanced. "Look at this shiny new thing! You're going to love it!" And you may as well just acquiesce because you're going to GET that shiny new thing.) And why does Google Search just flat quit working sometimes? So irritating.

Rant over. Unless someone can help me find my lovely old default ringtone. :)

MM

Samsung with MM prevents any ringtones other than those available through the Samsung App store. So even if you find it somewhere else you most likely will not be able to use it.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
It must be ATT.
Note 5 with Marshmallow on Verizon let's you use any sound file as a ringtone.

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Note 5 on Sprint. I can use any ringtone app. I'm using several from zedge.

Posted via the Android Central App

You are absolutely correct. I confused ringtone files with font files. Thanks for pointing out my error.
On my Verizon Note 5 with 6.0.1 I found that for some reason the outside downloaded ringtones weren't found by the Ringtone Settings app in there location from before 6.0.1 but that if I moved them to the default Download file or re-downloaded them to the default Download File they were found and could be added to the Ringtones List and selected and used by using the Add Ringtone feature.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In general, make sure the custom ringtone files are in the Ringtones directory on Internal Storage. Nexus devices have always required custom tones to be in the appropriate directory (i.e., Ringtones, Alarms, Notifications). If you were able to have them in any random directory before, it may be that the Marshmallow update brought it in line with how it works on a Nexus.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87