12-24-2016 03:15 PM
39 12
tools
    Everyone having battery drain, have you considered doing a cache wipe in recovery? Many times when android phones drain battery excessively, these issues can be sometimes resolved by doing a cache wipe procedure in recovery.
    12-16-2016 10:40 PM
    Everyone having battery drain, have you considered doing a cache wipe in recovery? Many times when android phones drain battery excessively, these issues can be sometimes resolved by doing a cache wipe procedure in recovery.
    The only thing that solved my battery drain was to root and install a custom ROM.

I had tried simply restoring the phone to factory and NOT installing any apps and my battery went from 100% to 20 in less then 8 hrs with NO usage whatsoever. I left the phone at home that day to see what would happen with NO apps installed, just what the phone came with.
    12-17-2016 12:47 AM
    Boot to recovery and clear cache.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    12-18-2016 08:44 AM
    Boot to recovery and clear cache.
    That does nothing to save battery. I do that about every month or so.
    12-18-2016 10:35 AM
    After an update, apps and cached data can have issues. Clearing the cache can fix battery drain issues and Android OS drain issues.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    12-18-2016 10:42 AM
    After an update, apps and cached data can have issues. Clearing the cache can fix battery drain issues and Android OS drain issues.
    Like I just started, it does nothing to save battery lol
    12-19-2016 07:27 AM
    Like I just started, it does nothing to save battery lol
    Well, it's helped millions of other devices so just because it doesn't help yours doesn't mean it doesn't help anyone else.
    12-19-2016 07:29 AM
    Well, it's helped millions of other devices so just because it doesn't help yours doesn't mean it doesn't help anyone else.

Hmm...do you have documentation of that claim of helping "millions"? Made no difference to mine at all.
    jlost likes this.
    12-19-2016 11:47 AM
    Clearing the cache helps my battery. I can't speak for millions but it does help mine.
    12-19-2016 12:10 PM
    Hmm...do you have documentation of that claim of helping "millions"? Made no difference to mine at all.
    It's a normal troubleshooting steps used by call centres throughout the world. I'm not about to get into a keyboard war with you. It doesn't hurt anything to try.
    12-19-2016 05:44 PM
    It's a normal troubleshooting steps used by call centres throughout the world. I'm not about to get into a keyboard war with you. It doesn't hurt anything to try.
    Like I have stated earlier, I do clear the phones cache, it did nothing to help with my battery. I lose about 10% an hr and that's with light use.
    12-20-2016 07:11 AM
    Agree it doesn't hurt to try. Just not right to present as fact, a "helped millions" claim, without any semblance of proof. Peace.
    jlost likes this.
    12-24-2016 10:25 AM
    After 6.0.1 was downloaded to my Note5 I factory reset and started from scratch. No factory reset or cache clearing in my case can change the fact that I am averaging 2 hours less battery life.
    12-24-2016 11:36 AM
    Last night all of a sudden the Android OS went haywire and my battery usage, while sitting idle, increased big time! It was like the phone was running on steroids. No new apps, no spam or internet attack, nothing new out of the ordinary... just went wild with use while idle. Everything was closed before turning the phone's screen off. Ran it on 4G LTE WITH excellent signal like I always do at night. First time anything like this has occurred. And I had just done a cache partition cleanup two days ago.

After I noticed this occurring, I rebooted the phone then turned it off. Did another cache partition cleanup and plugged it in for a full charge.

The phone settled down and now it appears to be running normally. I will monitor this the next few days.

Did a gremlin appear or did the Verizon signal do something strange? I really don't know. As mentioned, first time this happened! 🙄
    12-24-2016 03:15 PM
39 12