Handwriting Recognition feature gone :(

Yazcui

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
So when I used to send texts, there was the option on the samsung keyboard (The little "T" symbol with a pen) so that I could input my text with the s-pen. Now it's gone, and I have no idea how to bring it back.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you long press on the button next to the space bar, does a menu pop up with options like Settings, Emoji, etc.? The Handwriting recognition feature should be there (or check if the keyboard settings changed).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try typing in a different app or field, does it show up? If not and there's no reference to the Handwriting option on the keyboard settings, try going into the Application Manager, find the Keyboard app, and clear cache/data (bear in mind this might clear your learned words!)

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
What carrier is yours? Maybe they removed it? Mines a tmo note and I still have it.
8bc753ca2541aefcdca42ab01303009d.jpg

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the Samsung keyboard is set as default as well. I just switched mine from SwiftKey temporarily to the Samsung keyboard, and the little T icon showed up (with and without the stylus being out) and handwriting-to-text worked flawlessly.

input.jpg

Yazcui

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Found it, it was:

MyScript Resource Manager, com.visionobjects.recourcemanager

Re-enabled and running. Someone might need this information in the future

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Found it, it was:

MyScript Resource Manager, com.visionobjects.recourcemanager

Re-enabled and running. Someone might need this information in the future
Thank you... I've been trying to turn that damned T off ever since I first got this Note 4... I get annoyed with the handwriting popping up whenever I just wanna edit a word here & there...

fingers crossed it stays gone!

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you... I've been trying to turn that damned T off ever since I first got this Note 4... I get annoyed with the handwriting popping up whenever I just wanna edit a word here & there...

fingers crossed it stays gone!
Shoot... there's the damn T again after a reboot... oh well

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Notes, IIRC have two handwriting options, and the 'hover' one can be disabled (at least in stock it was). You have the handwriting option directly from the keyboard, summoned when you're using the keyboard app from the button next to the space bar. Then you have the 'hover' option, which only appears in fields configured as text fields (not all devs declare them as such so in some places that won't work, but the keyboard one will work whenever you have the keyboard open). That last option, I believe, could be disabled, just can't remember exactly where, if in S-Pen options or in Languages and Input. But I THINK it was there!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz