10-15-2016 02:11 PM
161 12345 ...
tools
    I too stopped into the Best Buy... needed to get the battery checked out on the Note 5. They did diagnostic.

Regarding the Note 7... slimmer, feels good in the hand, don't know if I like the Edge design. Little different settings and applications menu, some new categories. Looks good.

Best Buy will have available same day, 256 card when your pre order arrives or once they have in Stock.

Phone is nice and sleek, but... do I want to shell out one thousand bucks for phone, taxes, holster, accessories? I'm hesitant to do so while the Note 5 does everything so well.

If I had an earlier phone, I'd probably make the jump. My Note 5 is only 9 months old.

Nice phone the Note 7! 😏

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 05:16 PM
    See I thought the same thing about the curved screen until I got to touch it and work with it. It's not very pronounced of a curve at all, which I like. Alot
    08-06-2016 06:18 PM
    I looked at the Note 7 today in the Best Buy Samsung Experience shop and it looked nice. I really like how the UI looks now although I usually have a theme on my Note 5 so that's probably not a big selling point for me. The thing I really hesitate about is the curved screen. The phone just seems too narrow and I'm not sure I want a curved screen when I'm trying to write with an S-pen. I feel like my Note 5 is easier to hold. My fingers seemed to be touching the screen just by holding the N7. If it had a flat screen there would be no question-- I would have already pre-ordered.
    I had an issue with resting my hand on the screen to write causing problems. That hasn't been an issue in the Note 5 for me.
    08-06-2016 06:42 PM
    I'm wondering how the Note 7 will handle sun glare. I have a bit of a hard time with the Note 5 and seeing the screen in strong sunlight
    If I use autobrightness the screen really gets bright in sunlight for me.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-06-2016 06:43 PM
    Of I use autobrightness the screen really gets bright for sunlight for me.
    I'll try that I haven't used it
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-06-2016 06:43 PM
    I'll try that I haven't used it
    I've noticed more lately because my niece got me playing Pokémon Go with her. When we are out in the bright sun, major summer her, her iPhone is hard to see and my Note 5 is easy.
    08-06-2016 06:47 PM
    Pretty disappointed with Note 7 launch and specs. Just adding iris scanner and other software twiks does not male it worth the upgrade. Was expecting snapdragon 821 or 823 and 6 gb of ram. But that Note 7 has nothing. Just software related features like spen functionality improvement and always on. Iris scanner is just a market gimmick and its just cool nor needed. Water resistant is also the same.
    What do u guys say. I am disappointed. One plus is even better than this. What do u say? Is it really worth the upgrading and who is upgrading from note 5 to note 7. Do share your thoughts !
    Cheerio
    I totally agree, it isn't much of an upgrade over the Note 5. Plus for some reason the Note 7 feels kind of plasticky to me, not as solid and heavy as the Note 5. Then it's only available in the edge version.. This is the 1st time I am skipping a Note. I am just pissed that Samsung limited the Note 5 to 64gb of storage even though there is not way to expand the memory.. But they gave the Galaxy S6, 128gb..smh...

08-06-2016 06:48 PM
    Yes already did preorder
    08-07-2016 01:53 AM
    While the 7 is a nice phone, it isn't enough of an improvement to consider an upgrade. Most of the software features can be added via a future upgrade. OTG adaptors work nicely for external storage.

cjsmoove likes this.
    08-07-2016 08:15 PM
    End of the month, I will see if I can get the 7. Note 7 is just a little thinner to hold in one hand and it felt so good in my hand at Best Buy. I have $500 left to pay off my NOTE 5 from my AT&T next plan. But, damn I Waaaannnnnt that phone. Great upgrade.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-07-2016 08:42 PM
    While the 7 is a nice phone, it isn't enough of an improvement to consider an upgrade. Most of the software features can be added via a future upgrade. OTG adaptors work nicely for external storage.

Exactly... Personally I'm going to wait for the next edition. For the S7 the curve screen was nice but I like my Notes's flat.
    08-08-2016 03:00 PM
    Ordered mine today through local tmobile store. 69 down plus tax. They give free overnight shipping and have a promo where we can get a free Gear fit2 watch. I have the Note 5 and love it but am very intrigued by the Note 7. Plus this is the first time I've pre-ordered a brand new phone before it was out.
    What's the difference between the two other than sd card usability on the note 7?
    08-09-2016 01:01 AM
    Already pre-ordered can't wait to switch.

08-09-2016 01:15 AM
    The note 7 has a slight curved screen, usb-c charging, dust and water resistant, and standard 64 Gb drive, also updated s pen
    08-09-2016 03:57 AM
    IMO I see no point in upgrading to the Note 7 unless you got money to blow, like having the latest and greatest Note and want to have the Micro SD slot back. I love my Note 5 I just wish I had the micro SD slot since I been using the 32GB variant.
    08-09-2016 03:02 PM
    I have the 64GB Note 5 with AT&T. Great device. I still have 40GB of space left. Thinking of moving to Note 7 but have not gone to check it out in person. My mind is wandering for sure.
    08-09-2016 03:11 PM
    Absolutely yes. 32 gig's just isn't enough anymore these days, 64Gigs is the new minimum especially with the incredible camera on these phones. A bigger battery, nice jump in power and ram, much bigger screen, improved s-pen. it's the note 5 but on steroids. Fantastic specs. Can't wait!
    08-09-2016 04:35 PM
    Absolutely yes. 32 gig's just isn't enough anymore these days, 64Gigs is the new minimum especially with the incredible camera on these phones. A bigger battery, nice jump in power and ram, much bigger screen, improved s-pen. it's the note 5 but on steroids. Fantastic specs. Can't wait!
    Agree with everything you said, but I must point out that RAM is the same on both devices
    yarnsrj, cjsmoove and Doug Moffat like this.
    08-09-2016 04:41 PM
    What's the difference between the two other than sd card usability on the note 7?
    These are just some of the things. The Note 7 also has the brightness display on the market, which is great for outside. There are also many improvements to sensors for better autobrightness and many other things.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...te-7-vs-note-5
    08-10-2016 05:15 AM
    Pretty disappointed with Note 7 launch and specs. Just adding iris scanner and other software twiks does not male it worth the upgrade. Was expecting snapdragon 821 or 823 and 6 gb of ram. But that Note 7 has nothing. Just software related features like spen functionality improvement and always on. Iris scanner is just a market gimmick and its just cool nor needed. Water resistant is also the same.
    What do u guys say. I am disappointed. One plus is even better than this. What do u say? Is it really worth the upgrading and who is upgrading from note 5 to note 7. Do share your thoughts !
    Cheerio
    I am ditching my note 5 for a n7. My reasons aren't common. The specs aren't overwhelming but 64gb is simply not enough for me on my n5. I take so many videos of my 2 yr old, and I download music so I don't like music streaming. I have unlimited data but prefer access to it instantly without paying for Spotify, etc. I simply need the expandable storage. Got a good deal for a lexar 128gb card for $20 and now the n7 will come with a free 256gb card (which I'm choosing) or a gear fit 2. Hate to spend the money but expandable storage is a must and I hate cloud storage! Lol!
    08-10-2016 09:45 AM
    I think it's kind of funny how when the Note 5 came out and did not have a SD card slot, everyone complained, and now that it's coming back in the Note 7, people aren't saying there's any major upgrades LOL

The iris scanner, the SD card slot, the upgraded S Pen ,water resistance, Gorilla Glass 5, the battery , the screen, larger internal memory , the better camera , increased S Pen sensitivity...

There's lots of improvement from the Note 5.

I preordered mine on jump on demand and I'm really looking forward to it.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:10 AM
    I think it's kind of funny how when the Note 5 came out and did not have a SD card slot, everyone complained, and now that it's coming back in the Note 7, people aren't saying there's any major upgrades LOL

The iris scanner, the SD card slot, the upgraded S Pen ,water resistance, Gorilla Glass 5, the battery , the screen, larger internal memory , the better camera , increased S Pen sensitivity...

There's lots of improvement from the Note 5.

I preordered mine on jump on demand and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Agreed. I thought 64gb on my n5 would be enough and it simply wasn't enough. The free 256gb ultra fast card offer should come in handy. Allegedly, it's 90mb write and read speed.
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:53 PM
    I am having an opportunity to buy a spanking new note 5 for $300 with a wireless charger and I'm really considering. Note 5 for that much money is a good deal. Wished note 7 isn't as expensive.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:11 PM
    Getting the Note 7 this week. Never fell in love with the Note 5 though I appreciated the lack of lag and phone profile. Have toyed with idea of returning to the Note 4.a true battleship of a device with mhl, ir blaster and as may batteries as I desire. But I'll move on to the Note 7 without any special enthusiasm. (Have had all the Notes with the exception of the first and the Note 3 blew me away.)
    08-18-2016 02:27 AM
    if the N7 wasnt the edge id buy one immediately. Sadly i might be going away from the note for a year till the N8 comes back without the edge BS
    08-19-2016 05:05 AM
161 12345 ...