10-15-2016 02:11 PM
161 ... 23456 ...
tools
    if the N7 wasnt the edge id buy one immediately. Sadly i might be going away from the note for a year till the N8 comes back without the edge BS
    It is very slightly curved. Very much less than the s7 edge. You can hardly notice it. Not an issue in my opinion.
    08-19-2016 08:08 AM
    It is very slightly curved. Very much less than the s7 edge. You can hardly notice it. Not an issue in my opinion.
    Agreed. I was worried about the curve too, but after holding this thing of beauty in my hand, I placed an order immediately!
    08-19-2016 08:53 AM
    I said that I wouldn't get it, but I just ordered mine. Lol
    08-19-2016 07:55 PM
    My friend has had a note 3 since its debut. He wasn't thinking about upgrading until he played with my newly acquired Note 5 via Samsung Insights and said wow, nice upgrade but i want more memory. So off to Verizon we went to play with the Note 7 and out the store we left with his new toy. I have 6 months with the insights program before I can consider upgrading so I'll know for sure if it's worth it to upgrade, But first impression, I say no.
    08-19-2016 08:05 PM
    My friend has had a note 3 since its debut. He wasn't thinking about upgrading until he played with my newly acquired Note 5 via Samsung Insights and said wow, nice upgrade but i want more memory. So off to Verizon we went to play with the Note 7 and out the store we left with his new toy. I have 6 months with the insights program before I can consider upgrading so I'll know for sure if it's worth it to upgrade, But first impression, I say no.
    I love it. My favorite had been my Note 3 but this mote 7 woth the slight edge im starting to really like.
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:28 PM
    They see you come in the stores to play with the darn thing as they look at you thinking... "sale".
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-19-2016 10:02 PM
    Right about now I'm having buyers remorse. Even though I am having battery issues with my 5, I didn't need this phone. I just wanted it. I'm trying to justify spending all that money upgrading. Lol
    08-20-2016 01:09 AM
    I've been in the camp that why upgrade from my nine month old Note 5 64GB to a nice Note 7 when the Note 5 is running very well. I've followed many of the threads on the Note 7 and got to play with one in person at Verizon Store. The only downside to my Note 5 has been the degrading battery and having to charge 3X a day. Fast charge, but still having to do multiple charges.

Well lo and behold, I was on the phone with a Verizon Tech guy and we were talking about the pros and cons of trading in my Note 5 for a 7. You know... get a newer phone with a nice SD card for music, etc.

I made a comment to him about the degraded battery and not having the 'usual' means to pop in a new one and bam... I'm back in the saddle again with a fresh battery.

He said to me directly, I've reviewed the notes on the account and if you want, I'll overnite you a refurbished Note 5, with hopefully a lightly used battery or a new one already installed. I told him, can you call me in a day and let me decide what to do? He said sure, I'll call you at 11:30 on Thursday.

Let me tell you, the Samsung promotion was VERY attractive. When he called me (exactly at 11:30) and asked if I decided what route to take, I told him, 'I'll take you up on your suggestion and offer and you can send me a warranty replacement Note 5'. He said... smart move!

The Note 5 arrived yesterday... put the phone on the charger, the battery from the factory was at 50%. I'm hoping this is a fresh, brand new battery. Got it all synced up, and I'm on my way again, with a Note 5 that does everything I ask of it.

Next year, I'll keep the Note 5, either this one, or an extended warranty replacement as a backup to a Note 8 and be on my way.

I think the obsession of folks changing to the newest and greatest phone every four months, six months and even one year... well... kudos for them as it's THEIR money but the whole upgrade thing has gotten out of control.

Kudos to the folks with the Note 7... it's a BEAUTIFUL PHONE, looks just like a Note 5 with a few added, nice features!
    yarnsrj likes this.
    08-20-2016 12:09 PM
    I was using a loaner Note 5.. After using the Note 7.. I would have switched even if I owned the Note 5.
    08-20-2016 05:37 PM
    I got one to play with, gonna test it out. If the features aren't that different I'll be returning it and waiting for the 8.
    08-20-2016 06:54 PM
    how is the N7 with one handed typing ? id assume that edge would mess things up
    08-20-2016 08:07 PM
    Is the battery the biggest problem with the Note 5 then? I was considering looking at getting one cheap now the 7 has come out.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-21-2016 10:15 AM
    My annual upgrade isn't until Nov. 1...I will be there as soon as I get off work.
    08-21-2016 10:53 AM
    I love it. My favorite had been my Note 3 but this mote 7 woth the slight edge im starting to really like.
    Have had every Note except the first. I'm with you the Note 3 was by far my favorite. I still kick myself for turning it it when I got the 4. Big mistake.
    08-21-2016 02:01 PM
    if the N7 wasnt the edge id buy one immediately. Sadly i might be going away from the note for a year till the N8 comes back without the edge BS
    Curved edges may be the thing from here on out. Since there has been HUGE supply and demand for the Note 7 and it has been selling like hotcakes, the flat versions will no longer be considered. The Note 8 could be the wallet sized concept that they have patented. One day, the curved and flat edges will not matter as devices will be flexible and easily pocketed.
    08-21-2016 02:07 PM
    I am upgrading. Better battery, water resistance, iris scanner, SD card, more sensitive s pen, better camera, and usb c.

It's hardly the same phone as the Note 5, there's a lot more to offer on this one and it's definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.
    It's just the same with some newer features that's all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2016 02:26 PM
    It's just the same with some newer features that's all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I guess when you say same you mean it has a screen, internet, and can make phone calls.

Other than that, it's completely different.
    Issemann and calicocat2010 like this.
    08-21-2016 02:32 PM
    I guess when you say same you mean it has a screen, internet, and can make phone calls.

Other than that, it's completely different.
    It's the same in the sense that it's a Note and it's a Samsung
    08-21-2016 04:42 PM
    I'm in.
    08-22-2016 02:29 PM
    Can someone please tell me this didn't really happen? I hate iPhone and don't want them having this kind of bragging rights.

08-22-2016 05:10 PM
    Can someone please tell me this didn't really happen? I hate iPhone and don't want them having this kind of bragging rights.

Wow...that's incredible. Still won't make me switch.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    08-22-2016 06:28 PM
    Eh... Still, the iPhone can't do half of what any Android phone can do and I mean the sub $200 Android phones let alone the Note 7
    08-22-2016 11:53 PM
    I did I did.

I love this phone. It feels so damn premium. The silver body. That fact that i can switch the icons with the theme is a plus. The camera is beast. The phone is so smooth. Did i mention that the feel of this phone is perfection compared to the note 5. If the note 5 had edge screen I wouldnt have switched. But the edge screen plus the theme customization samsung added to the theme store. I hopped instantly to the store on release date and purchased and dont regret it at all.

And im also getting the 256gb card in a few weeks for free.
    08-23-2016 10:56 AM
    I'm happy I upgraded. I passed my N5 down to my son. Everyone is happy.
    08-23-2016 11:48 AM
    I will stay with the note 5
    08-23-2016 02:38 PM
161 ... 23456 ...