10-15-2016 02:11 PM
161 ... 4567
tools
    This is true. Maybe you can download an APK of some of the features
    09-03-2016 10:26 AM
    I don't think the curved screen is the selling point. It's what they added back that was taken out of Note 5, in addition to what was added. The curved screen is just part of the package, albeit not the best part. Everything else about the Note 7 is the selling point. I think for a lot of folks coming from older note phones say 3 and under would, see the biggest benefit in upgrading as opposed to us with a Note 5. Just my 2¢.
    09-03-2016 11:11 AM
    Just to let everyone know, the note 7 has been pulled from shelves and a massive recall has been issued. Battery issues leading to overheating and catching fire has lead to it. Hopefully none of you made the switch!
    09-03-2016 10:13 PM
    I went to Note 5 after returning Note 7. Only missing features are iris scan (didn't work for me) and Always On Display. Maybe AOD will come to Note 5 later.
    09-06-2016 02:08 PM
    I went to Note 5 after returning Note 7. Only missing features are iris scan (didn't work for me) and Always On Display. Maybe AOD will come to Note 5 later.
    I read AOD was not coming. There is someone in the Playstore it uses a lot of battery
    09-07-2016 12:14 PM
    Just to let everyone know, the note 7 has been pulled from shelves and a massive recall has been issued. Battery issues leading to overheating and catching fire has lead to it. Hopefully none of you made the switch!
    I did switch to the note 7. Now with the recall I may consider going back to the Note 5. I don't use rhe iris I use fingerprint, and both phones work well wifh Samsung Pay. The 5 is a fantastic multi tasking phone.
    09-07-2016 12:55 PM
    I read AOD was not coming. There is someone in the Playstore it uses a lot of battery
    I kept the AOD on constantly and got better battery life than I was getting with my Note 4 before.
    09-07-2016 03:16 PM
    Are we going to see less Note 5 devices up for resale on Swappa and Ebay? I've been wanting to jump from a S6 Active to a Note 5 and I am starting to think that the Note 7 may be a turnoff for some. Those with a Note 5 might decide to stick out another year to see what next year brings.

Swappa averages around $380 for good condition Note 5s with 32GB of storage. Considering the retail is like $830, its a pretty good deal.
    09-08-2016 09:45 AM
    I kept the AOD on constantly and got better battery life than I was getting with my Note 4 before.
    On your Note 5?
    09-08-2016 12:02 PM
    On your Note 5?
    No, on the Note 7 before I returned it.
    09-08-2016 02:45 PM
    I just got a mint note 5 64gb from ebay for $350 shipped. Perfect phone and great service!
    09-08-2016 03:55 PM
    I just got a mint note 5 64gb from ebay for $350 shipped. Perfect phone and great service!
    Very good buy!

The fact that the Samsung phones and Android in general DO NOT HOLD THEIR VALUE is quite a concern. My Note 5 64GB cost over $800.00 and the only reason I bought it was that I received $500.00 credit for dumping my Unlimited Data Plan.

I'm on my third Note 5 since late October with two warranty replacements. With the Note 7 battery fiasco, I'm beginning to really WONDER about Samsung quality.

I hope your phone holds up well! When the Sammy phones run well, they're really good devices. I'm going to keep up the extended warranty on my Note 5.
    09-09-2016 10:38 AM
    Miss my note 7. Now I'm having battery issues with my 5 since I had to start using it again. I've also somehow ran out of space. 😐
    09-10-2016 07:26 PM
    I am considering purchasing a used Note 5 on Swappa for around $380, but I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger. I currently own a s6 active which I like, but the screen is too small and I'd like to have 64GB on-board storage. However, seeing complaints about battery life are making me a bit hesitant.

I am usually at my desk for about 6 hours a day, so charging won't be a huge issue. However, if I decide to go out for the day, I don't want to worry a major drain if I decide to stream music and take pictures.

I'd most likely roll with the Note 5 for about a year and perhaps see what the Note 8 brings. What are your thoughts on this device being a daily driver for the remainder of 2016 and all of 2017? Is Nougat a definite for the Note 5? (Probably late spring early Summer '17)
    09-12-2016 02:44 PM
    32gb note 5 user here for just over a year now. Really enjoy the phone but i must admit I've been discouraged with my battery life on occasion. Honestly tho I don't think it's the phone, I chalk it up to sprints sub par signals. My bars are constantly bouncing up and down here at my house and now I've even had to shut off lte when using it at home because if i don't i lose all signal and you don't even realize it until you wake up the phone. Called sprint of course they claim tower which is 1 mile from my house is fine but if i leave this area i can switch my lte on and itworks just fine. Provided your network is giving you a good signal I think you would like the phone. When i stream podcast on google play for 2 hours at a time my battery actually holds up rather well. I don't take a great amount of pictures so i can't chime in on how the battery would hold up. I believe we will definitely get nougat sometime next year not that it matters because i don't see it adding alot to what the phone already does.
    09-12-2016 03:11 PM
    I have a note 5 loaner and plan to go back to note 7 when replacements are in at tmobile. Returned my recalled note 7 and got the note 5 as a loaner.
    09-20-2016 08:32 AM
    I've been sitting here the past few weeks thoroughly enjoying my Note 5, reading about the problems with the Note 7 and how many folks put down the Note 5 as being not that good, when in fact, it's a very solid predecessor to the problematic Note 7.

I posted weeks ago that Samsung RUSHED THE NOTE 7 to market to beat the iPhone 7 to market. THIS has caused many the quality control issues of the Note 7. Fire, lag, screens that Crack at little drops.

I personally like the Note 7 but I can't stand the edge designs. Flat screens are what I prefer.

Samsung had an unbelievable winner in the Note 7. Lots of Apple folks moved over to buy the Note 7. Samsung lost a golden opportunity to hit a grand slam with the phone.

I think the Note 7 will be a tainted phone and some people will be reluctant to return. Sure the same folks who couldn't wait for the phone to be released are the same ones who showed no patience at the recall but will be the same ones who can't wait for a new Note 7 to be sent to them.

In the meantime, my Note 5 has done EVERYTHING I've asked of it without missing a beat at all. It's a solid phone!
    09-20-2016 09:17 AM

I posted weeks ago that Samsung RUSHED THE NOTE 7 to market to beat the iPhone 7 to market. THIS has caused many the quality control issues of the Note 7. Fire, lag, screens that Crack at little drops.
    And the funny thing about this rushing to beat Apple thing is that many of the people returning the Note 7, are buying the iPhone 7+ as I'm sure you have read in the Note 7 forum here.

My next phone will probably be the S8 and then the Note 8 if and when there is one. I bought my Note 5 in January so it way too soon for me to even begin thinking about replacing it.
    09-20-2016 09:26 AM
    And the funny thing about this rushing to beat Apple thing is that many of the people returning the Note 7, are buying the iPhone 7+ as I'm sure you have read in the Note 7 forum here.

My next phone will probably be the S8 and then the Note 8 if and when there is one. I bought my Note 5 in January so it way too soon for me to even begin thinking about replacing it.
    I did in fact read about the mass migration back to the iPhone 7's.

Samsung had the Apple folks in the palm of the hand, at least those who were tired of iPhones. Sammy knows they blew it but won't admit to this, being the culture of Korea.

Samsung needs to take a really hard look at their motivations to beat down on Apple and just deliver HIGH QUALITY devices.

Folks on this forum who are devoted to Sammy will give the company the benefit of the doubt. Just like the apple fan boys and girls do.

However, for phones that now cost a THOUSAND BUCKS, give or take, they had better be durable, last, be reliable and be able to receive numerous OS updates and be able to have a service center in major cities to replace degraded batteries. And do not force edge phones down the throats of buyers who only have the edge as their only choice.

Samsung's ego... got in the way of the Note 7!
    09-20-2016 10:51 AM
    I got the Note 5 after returning the 7. Sometimes I think about trying to get a new Note 7, but not sure. Some things I like better on the 5, others on the 7.
    09-20-2016 01:08 PM
    Meee. I'm at AT&T right now waiting for my turn.
    09-20-2016 05:04 PM
    Passing on the Note 7. I picked up a Note 5 today. The 5's are super hard-to-find at the moment. Seems to be a run on them. Very nice device though.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:50 PM
    I got the Note 5 after returning the 7. Sometimes I think about trying to get a new Note 7, but not sure. Some things I like better on the 5, others on the 7.
    I wound up going back to the Note 7. Much better battery life, more storage capabilities, and some great features.
    09-28-2016 08:15 PM
    I wound up going back to the Note 7. Much better battery life, more storage capabilities, and some great features.
    Same here. The Note 5 is awesome and integrates the lock screen memo and action memo better. But I love how the Note 7 feels in my hand. Much easier for my not so large hands.
    09-28-2016 11:31 PM
    I agree entirety. The goof ball who started this thread is out to lunch. It's far different then the 5. What you are going to see is the largest jump next year when the new processors from Quallcom and other manufacturers come out. It's supposed to be the largest jump in mobile device history. That's if you read tech forums. Myself I'm awaiting the Note 8 for this reason.
    09-30-2016 07:43 AM
161 ... 4567