Who is ditching note 5 for note 7?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5 loaner and plan to go back to note 7 when replacements are in at tmobile. Returned my recalled note 7 and got the note 5 as a loaner.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been sitting here the past few weeks thoroughly enjoying my Note 5, reading about the problems with the Note 7 and how many folks put down the Note 5 as being not that good, when in fact, it's a very solid predecessor to the problematic Note 7.

I posted weeks ago that Samsung RUSHED THE NOTE 7 to market to beat the iPhone 7 to market. THIS has caused many the quality control issues of the Note 7. Fire, lag, screens that Crack at little drops.

I personally like the Note 7 but I can't stand the edge designs. Flat screens are what I prefer.

Samsung had an unbelievable winner in the Note 7. Lots of Apple folks moved over to buy the Note 7. Samsung lost a golden opportunity to hit a grand slam with the phone.

I think the Note 7 will be a tainted phone and some people will be reluctant to return. Sure the same folks who couldn't wait for the phone to be released are the same ones who showed no patience at the recall but will be the same ones who can't wait for a new Note 7 to be sent to them.

In the meantime, my Note 5 has done EVERYTHING I've asked of it without missing a beat at all. It's a solid phone!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I posted weeks ago that Samsung RUSHED THE NOTE 7 to market to beat the iPhone 7 to market. THIS has caused many the quality control issues of the Note 7. Fire, lag, screens that Crack at little drops.
And the funny thing about this rushing to beat Apple thing is that many of the people returning the Note 7, are buying the iPhone 7+ as I'm sure you have read in the Note 7 forum here.

My next phone will probably be the S8 and then the Note 8 if and when there is one. I bought my Note 5 in January so it way too soon for me to even begin thinking about replacing it.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
And the funny thing about this rushing to beat Apple thing is that many of the people returning the Note 7, are buying the iPhone 7+ as I'm sure you have read in the Note 7 forum here.

My next phone will probably be the S8 and then the Note 8 if and when there is one. I bought my Note 5 in January so it way too soon for me to even begin thinking about replacing it.

I did in fact read about the mass migration back to the iPhone 7's.

Samsung had the Apple folks in the palm of the hand, at least those who were tired of iPhones. Sammy knows they blew it but won't admit to this, being the culture of Korea.

Samsung needs to take a really hard look at their motivations to beat down on Apple and just deliver HIGH QUALITY devices.

Folks on this forum who are devoted to Sammy will give the company the benefit of the doubt. Just like the apple fan boys and girls do.

However, for phones that now cost a THOUSAND BUCKS, give or take, they had better be durable, last, be reliable and be able to receive numerous OS updates and be able to have a service center in major cities to replace degraded batteries. And do not force edge phones down the throats of buyers who only have the edge as their only choice.

Samsung's ego... got in the way of the Note 7!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the Note 5 after returning the 7. Sometimes I think about trying to get a new Note 7, but not sure. Some things I like better on the 5, others on the 7.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Passing on the Note 7. I picked up a Note 5 today. The 5's are super hard-to-find at the moment. Seems to be a run on them. Very nice device though.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the Note 5 after returning the 7. Sometimes I think about trying to get a new Note 7, but not sure. Some things I like better on the 5, others on the 7.
I wound up going back to the Note 7. Much better battery life, more storage capabilities, and some great features.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I wound up going back to the Note 7. Much better battery life, more storage capabilities, and some great features.
Same here. The Note 5 is awesome and integrates the lock screen memo and action memo better. But I love how the Note 7 feels in my hand. Much easier for my not so large hands.

Coconut8469

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree entirety. The goof ball who started this thread is out to lunch. It's far different then the 5. What you are going to see is the largest jump next year when the new processors from Quallcom and other manufacturers come out. It's supposed to be the largest jump in mobile device history. That's if you read tech forums. Myself I'm awaiting the Note 8 for this reason.

BURZIN

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Guys i just got a note 5 my second one to be precise i will not buy the note 7 for a very simple reason that even after the recall of the note 7 its still heating up. We all know heating is a general issue but in this case we have to wait and watch. Even though the people at samsung say its safe we as consumers should wait and watch for our own security reason.😀😀😀😀👍

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
When I did the most recent AT&T update, I had my phone charging at the same time as I usually do. After the 30 minutes it took to complete, I grabbed my phone and the bezel was so hot that I had to drop my phone before I burned myself. I never had that happen before.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, my replacement Note 7 hasn't gotten hot at all, even when fast charging from near 0%. When I first got it and was installing everything it became slightly warm, but nothing out of the ordinary from other phones I've had.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile is allowing for new sales tomorrow and I'm tempted. I really wanted one, but had personal things to deal with then the recall happened.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Wow, my replacement Note 7 hasn't gotten hot at all, even when fast charging from near 0%. When I first got it and was installing everything it became slightly warm, but nothing out of the ordinary from other phones I've had.

A replacement Note 7 exploded on a Southwest Flight today. It was on the News.
I'm keeping my Note 5. I'm more than happy.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
One important lesson that should be gleaned by the whole Note 7 fiasco and many jumping from the Note 4 and 5's... especially the Note 5...

These pre order enticements of added SD card and other freebies... it's best to let the rollout of the phone happen, read the reviews, let the phones enter the marketplace, watch how the public receives the phones with THEIR comments, wait a month or so for things to settle down and then...

If you are then satisfied, buy the phone and all the accessories that come with it.

I bought my Note 5 in late October last year, the 64GB version and aside from getting a couple of warranty replacements, the Note 5 has been an EXCELLENT phone.

If I were one of the folks who jumped from the Note 5 to 7, I'd be totally PO'ED at Samsung for releasing the phone that was a bad example of improper QC or design.

I know many want the latest and greatest phone and I too was very impressed with the Note 7. However, I could not justify updating my Note 5 to 7 as it didn't look like a big enough upgrade for me.

I'm going to continue running the Note 5 until either the battery degrades or I can't get any more updates. And if it degrades, I'll hit Verizon up for an extended warranty replacement.

I feel for the folks who've been jostled by Samsung with the Note 7 fiasco. This will come back to bite Samsung and I hope the company has has a real humility wake up call.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Bloomberg reporting AT&T could cease selling the Note 7 due to all the trouble, the decision could already be in . AT&T had no comment.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
pretty much made my mind up to ditch the N5 for the pixel XL with 128GB. just wanna play with it for a few minutes before i buy it.