What in the world is a screen overlay and how do you get rid of it. Have already talked to tmobile customer service and did what they said but it still doesn't work. It just appeared out of nowhere on the majority of my favorite apps and refuses to let me in. Please!please, can anyone HELP Q
    08-05-2016 08:28 PM
    Welcome to the forums. There are several reports about this same issue. For most users is related to Clean Master or other apps by Cheetah Mobile. Take a look at this thread.

Odd "screen overlay" pop up shows up often with some apps, what is it and how to properly select it?
    08-05-2016 09:21 PM
    I have same problem. Got to tech level 2 with Verizon and the only thing he could suggest for a fix was reset phone. No guarantee that will fix the problem. I have insurance and I'm just going to replace phone. Still owe too much on it to upgrade. I did figure out that if you put phone in safe mode and then open the app that is wanting permission it will let you allow everything. Once you reboot the phone you will have to change some of the defaults back but pretty painless. Any time you come across an app wanting this you will have to do the same thing again. I think last security update screwed us in hopes of making us upgrade phone! Let me know if this works for you.
    08-06-2016 10:34 AM