Battery problems

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's not even a year since got the note 5 but my battery seems to be misbehaving. Once it was at 15% and then after 5 or 10 minutes , phone was shutdown and battery was 0%. Today the battery was charged to 100%. After i unplugged, in 5 minutes it came down to 96. I also see some random problems when battery is low (<15 ). Does this mean there is a problem with my battery and more importantly, can it be replaced( not by me) if needed?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
An app like GSam Battery Monitor can help provide more information. If you have apps running that consume system resources, its feasible that battery can drop after removing phone from charger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not even a year since got the note 5 but my battery seems to be misbehaving. Once it was at 15% and then after 5 or 10 minutes , phone was shutdown and battery was 0%. Today the battery was charged to 100%. After i unplugged, in 5 minutes it came down to 96. I also see some random problems when battery is low (<15 ). Does this mean there is a problem with my battery and more importantly, can it be replaced( not by me) if needed?

Have you noticed your phone feeling really warm and/or problems with fast charging not working?

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
An app like GSam Battery Monitor can help provide more information. If you have apps running that consume system resources, its feasible that battery can drop after removing phone from charger.

Just after i unplugged when it was fully charged

Attachments

• 7998.jpg
    7998.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 95

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed your phone feeling really warm and/or problems with fast charging not working?

I have been feeling it warm since i bought it..but temperature has been around 105F and from discussions, i found it is normal..had 1 weird experience last week
When i connected my fast charger, charging was turning on on off every second like some malfunction.phone was blinking every second. It is working fine now though

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been feeling it warm since i bought it..but temperature has been around 105F and from discussions, i found it is normal..had 1 weird experience last week
When i connected my fast charger, charging was turning on on off every second like some malfunction.phone was blinking every second. It is working fine now though

That is high to me. My N5 has always been the coolest phone I've ever had, even feels cold to the touch. In June it started getting warm and I started having battery issues. Sent it in the motherboard had to be replaced. Got it back and sent it back again and I think it is the same issue, it was getting hot again.

Now sometimes it got warm charging, but using, it was always super cool.

Mine was also dropping 3-6% within 5 mins of unplugging it.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
That is high to me. My N5 has always been the coolest phone I've ever had, even feels cold to the touch. In June it started getting warm and I started having battery issues. Sent it in the motherboard had to be replaced. Got it back and sent it back again and I think it is the same issue, it was getting hot again.

Now sometimes it got warm charging, but using, it was always super cool.

Mine was also dropping 3-6% within 5 mins of unplugging it.

Where did you send it to? I am wondering if the fast charger i have is killing the battery. My phone was at 15% (it was fine the whole day but suddenly it was discharging pretty fast) and i connected the fast charger, the battery started going down from 15 and went to 0 in seconds..

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Where did you send it to? I am wondering if the fast charger i have is killing the battery. My phone was at 15% (it was fine the whole day but suddenly it was discharging pretty fast) and i connected the fast charger, the battery started going down from 15 and went to 0 in seconds..

This is the screenshot where it became 0 from 15 after i plugged in8102.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I sent it to Samsung.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just after i unplugged when it was fully charged

Kelly is getting to the same thing in the post above. I see that Screen is 68% out of the battery % used since off charger. What is the brightness level? I leave mine on "Auto brightness".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Disable 4G/LTE with new firmware, even you use wifi only, just turn off 4G, use 3G connection.
Battery become normal again.
That isn't normal battery though if you have to turn off 4G.

We can try and help you run this down, there is no guarantee, but we need specific info from you.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have gsam battery already and max screen time i get is 4 hours if i am fully in wifi and dont make any calls. If i make calls and use lte, i get 2.5 to 3 hours max.

I stopped using the fast charger for a week and so far have not seen any drastic drops in battery. So i am guessing it might be something with the adaptor and I am not going to use it anymore

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

The battery life on my Note 5 has always been bad if I used the stock OS. Once I rooted the phone and loaded a custom ROM onto it, my battery life has been outstanding. I bought my Note 5 in December. Here is a screenshot of my latest battery stats. I haven't used the phone much because I also have two S7 Edge phones and I've been using them for the most part the last two days.

The few times I tired to go back to the stock OS, my battery would barely last me 8 hours. I even tried restoring the phone and without even loading any of my own apps and just leaving the phone alone at home where I couldn't use it, the battery would last eight hours.

The ROM I am using has no preloaded apps. Other than that, it is stock and I am running Adaway on it to block ads.

Screenshot_20160815-060549.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol