check your connection

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Keep getting check your connection and try again message with little cloud. Anyone know what this is and how to fix. Verizon note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Keep getting check your connection and try again message with little cloud. Anyone know what this is and how to fix. Verizon note 5

I think that has to do with back up of your Samsung info, your Google Photos or another cloud updating issue.

Do you have wifi on?

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have wifi on...it does it even when I don't. Right now as I'm typing this it keeps doing it

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It just stopped doing it but its hard to get a screenshot because the message comes and goes so fast

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait and see if it starts again and try and update but thanks for the replies

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't give you an icon at the top?

Keep trying in case no one else knows either. I always check back on threads I participated in.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No it comes on at approximately midscreen and has the message with a little cloud with a sad face on it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. That could be an app then. I've never seen anything like that. I was thinking the Samsung backup which requires wifi on the N5 or the Google Photos backup. Those both put a notification in the notification bar though.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I went thru and uninstalled some apps I recently had then it stopped so maybe that resolved the problem

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Very well could have. You might want to reinstall those apps one at a time, wait a bit between installing the next and you might can figure out which one it was.

Joca Levy

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot with the icon in the notification bar so I can look at it?
I've been getting the same message on my Nexus 6 for a couple of months now. It remains there for only a moment and then may or may not repeat in a few seconds. Made a screenshot, but can't find the way to attach it here.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting the same message on my Nexus 6 for a couple of months now. It remains there for only a moment and then may or may not repeat in a few seconds. Made a screenshot, but can't find the way to attach it here.
What are you using to post? One of the apps (which one if so) or the mobile browser?