Chevy mylink v note 5

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Recently I picked up a Chevy Silverado with the Mylink entertainment system. At first, it was wonderful. Clear and easy to use. But suddenly I've been having some bugs. Phone connected via Bluetooth and I get a text. The AC slows down, the music mutes and I get a message on the dash "text from so and so." But no audible notification. Silence. From both the truck and my phone. When I first got the truck, my text tone sounded loud and clear from the stereo. The only change was I think the update from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This may be a dead end, but worth a quick check. Earlier this week, I stopped getting audible notifications for text messages. I use the default Samsung Messages app. Checked that I could hear the notification tone in the app settings, and made sure that all other device sounds were set to an audible level. I could hear notification sounds for other apps.

Yesterday I checked in Settings\Notifications, and sure enough Messages was set to Off. I for sure did not do that, and was getting some angry responses in follow-up texts as to why I was not responding. Set Messages to On, and notification sound is working perfectly again.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I just check and everything is on. When I'm out of my truck, the message sound is perfect. In my truck, the music mutes, and I can barely hear the text notification. So faint I can't really tell if it's coming from the stereo or the phone. It USE to work perfect before the MM update.
Today I even tried the Android Auto app. Plugged my usb cable from the phone to the truck. The app sat there telling me to connect the phone. Never recognized it. Do I need to get the truck software updated?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt