Bluetooth pauses with Uconnect audio

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 2016 Durango Citadel and a Samsung Note 5. When I'm playing podcasts, the audio plays fine. However, whenever Waze or Google Maps has a notification the audio stops and the notification doesn't play. Also, I have an app that reads out Hangouts notifications, but when a notification comes in, the podcast stops and no notification audio goes through. Is there a Uconnect or Bluetooth setting to fix for this? I had a 2012 Dodge Journey and the audio worked great the way it was supposed to. I've also asked in a Dodge forum but haven't heard anything back yet.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014 Durango and Note 5 and it works like it's supposed to. Have you checked if your software on the UConnect needs an update?

https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

Put in your VIN number and it will tell you. If you are comfortable with computers you can even download the update to a USB drive and install it yourself vs. having to take it to the dealer.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I checked the VIN and I have the latest update for Uconnect 8.4. I'm using PocketCasts to listen to podcasts and when Waze or Google Maps has something to say, the audio goes silent for the length of the announcement. Once the announcement is done, the audio goes back to playing normally. Same thing happens with notifications like email. In PocketCasts you can choose to have the audio pause during notifications. If I turn off the pause, the notifications play over the audio just fine. In my 2012 Journey and my 2012 Town and Country, PocketCasts would pause the audio, play the notification, and then resume the audio.
I have a work issued data only iPhone that has PocketCasts on it. I may just plug in the iPhone for PocketCasts and let my Note pair with Bluetooth for voice. Then I'll just play the Waze announcements through the phone speaker. No the best option, but it should work.

Thanks

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a possible inelegant solution: I play everything via a cassette adapter rather than Bluetooth. Everything works fine including pocket podcasts and Google maps. It might work but as I say it's not the most sophisticated remedy.

Kkgray1

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem with UConnect and bluetooth audio on my 2016 Jeep Wrangler and LGG5 phone. Media continually pauses and Google Maps audio prompts do not play.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No, I still don't have a solution to the problem. I've got a call in with Dodge UConnect people, but it's a long running game of phone tag. They've called and left messages while I'm at work and then they never answer when I call. I've tried different podcasting apps and it's the same problem. It is definitely a UConnect issue, not likely an android issue. Will post an update once I am actually able to talk to them.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have wondered if doze has anything to do with the bluetooth pausing. I have had the same issue using various bluetooth speakers and headsets. After about 10 min, it would pause. I have tried shutting off the doze for the bluetooth and other music apps in battery optimization with little luck. My guess is when the phone screen is off for a certain amount of time, it sleeps and causes the audio to pause.

Not sure if this is what it is or not, just a thought.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is Doze related because the podcast is actively playing. Doze shouldn't kick in anyway because it's bouncing around in the car dock.
Also, the playback is fine when listening to the audio through a Bluetooth headset or when using the older version of UConnect in my wife's Town and Country. It also worked in my older Journey. It's only happening in the newer Durango which has a newer version of UConnect. It's pretty frustrating. I wish they'd publish an update to Uconnect soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles