Within the last month, my note 5 occasionally will drop all network signal (verizon) and I'll see a little "x" where the network bars are shown. It will not be able to pick up a signal again until I restart the phone. After restart it will be fine. This has happened 5-6 times. I'm in an area with good signal. This is a huge issue because the phone could be in my pocket or bag, drop signal and I won't be getting any calls/text.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm almost through my one year warranty so if I need to contact Samsung I'll need to do it soon. They already repaired my phone once for bluetooth issues.
    08-30-2016 06:21 AM

I've had this issue, before, with an S4 and the issue was the SIM card.
    So if you can, put it in another phone to test it, or have VZW check it out.
    08-30-2016 06:27 AM
    Experiencing the same problem right now with sprint but problem seems to occur at my home tower. Thinking maybe they are doing upgrade work. If i switch it to 3g there i don't lose my connection.
    08-30-2016 09:12 AM
    I have been having the same problem, along with routine "rebooting" (not actually rebooting, but the screen will go black, then display a blank wall paper for about 10 seconds, then require me to input my hard password vs. fingerprint to unlock), and finally random calls where the person on the other end cannot hear me (requiring a redial).

All of this has been happening since late July, and the problems haven't stopped. Tried the following: Safe Mode, multiple hard resets, and two factory cache whips. I haven't done a factory whip yet, but that's the next step.

Anyone having similar issues as of late? I think this started happening after the last security patch (July 1, 2016).
    09-03-2016 11:36 AM