How many Note 5 users knew there was a Pie Control feature under Accessibility in the Touch Wiz controls.

I have had the phone for more than 10 months and never noticed the feature. Is it new or am I simply obtuse.

Samsung really needs to document it's features in a more accessible manner.
    08-30-2016 05:33 PM
    How many Note 5 users knew there was a Pie Control feature under Accessibility in the Touch Wiz controls.

I have had the phone for more than 10 months and never noticed the feature. Is it new or am I simply obtuse.

Samsung really needs to document it's features in a more accessible manner.
    What is this feature called, and what does it do?
    08-30-2016 05:56 PM
    It's called Pie Control and permits you access chosen applications by simply flicking your finger from preselected edges of the screen.

For instance, you can pull up selected apps and controls, e.g., phone, search, etc., by sliding your finger up or in from the screen.

It's also has premium (paid) features to add to the available options.
    08-30-2016 06:48 PM
    I have lmt launcher, but it didn't come with the phone.
    08-30-2016 07:17 PM
    I have lmt launcher, but it didn't come with the phone.
    I also have alternate apps like SlidePad, just surprised that Samsung includes a similar (and basically hidden feature).
    08-30-2016 07:35 PM
    I also have alternate apps like SlidePad, just surprised that Samsung includes a similar (and basically hidden feature).
    Would you mind showing a screenshot, I don't see it.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    08-30-2016 07:44 PM
    It's called Pie Control and permits you access chosen applications by simply flicking your finger from preselected edges of the screen.

For instance, you can pull up selected apps and controls, e.g., phone, search, etc., by sliding your finger up or in from the screen.

Don't see it
    08-30-2016 08:09 PM

Oh I haven't seen that since the Note 3 or Note 4. It isn't on my Note 5.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    08-30-2016 08:10 PM
    Having problems reproducing an image of the Pie Control. On the Verizon Note 5 just go to last listed feature under Accessibility.

My Verizon Note 3 and 4 never had this feature. The old browsers had a slide out pie section to control browser settings.
    08-30-2016 08:39 PM
    The LMT here is what I installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Pie control-screenshot_20160830-214240.jpg  
    08-30-2016 08:47 PM
    Having problems reproducing an image of the Pie Control. On the Verizon Note 5 just go to last listed feature under Accessibility.

My Verizon Note 3 and 4 never had this feature. The old browsers had a slide out pie section to control browser settings.
    It is an old feature, mine was white. This is what it looked like.
    08-30-2016 08:52 PM
    It looked like this I believe.
    08-30-2016 08:57 PM

Nope..not there
    08-30-2016 10:29 PM
    Nope..not there
    I believe it is a downloaded app from the Play Store that had to be turned on on accessibilities. If you search the Play Store for Pie Control there are several apps.
    08-30-2016 10:53 PM
    This feature is beginning to look carrier specific.

I'm not taking about air command. It is much more full featured.

My question is does everybody with a Verizon Note 5 have Pie Control as the final listing under Accessibility. Let's start there.
    08-30-2016 10:54 PM

My question is does everybody with a Verizon Note 5 have Pie Control as the final listing under Accessibility. Let's start there.
    No it isn't carrier specific, it is very old Android. It is very likely an app.
    08-30-2016 10:57 PM
    I believe it is a downloaded app from the Play Store that had to be turned on on accessibilities. If you search the Play Store for Pie Control there are several apps.
    The premium (paid) version is in the Playstore. I bought it. I don't see the free feature on the Verizon Note 5 listed in the Playstore.
    08-30-2016 11:04 PM
    No it isn't carrier specific, it is very old Android. It is very likely an app.
    Not to be contentious but it is not old Android. It is way to full featured for that. I'll try to figure out a way of posting an image.

Further, the paid supplement app was only posted to the Playstore June, 2016.
    08-30-2016 11:10 PM
    It is an old feature, mine was white. This is what it looked like. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...75cce6320a.jpg
    I'm not familiar with this feature. What Note and which carrier included it. Thanxs.
    08-30-2016 11:15 PM
    Not to be contentious but it is not old Android. It is way to full featured for that. I'll try to figure out a way of posting an image.

Further, the paid supplement app was only posted to the Playstore June, 2016.
    No it is old Android. I know people that had it with old ROMs they flashed on their Samsung S2. I had it on my Note 3 and it was on Custom ROMs back then.

Here it is on a custom ROM in 2011.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150
    08-30-2016 11:19 PM
    I'm not familiar with this feature. What Note and which carrier included it. Thanxs.
    That is Pie. It was on all the Notes and all carriers. Samsung didn't call it Pie though.
    08-30-2016 11:23 PM
    Thanks, I have tried a few of them. I was pretty confident that there wasn't a built in feature.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-31-2016 05:30 AM

No
    08-31-2016 05:33 AM
    I have the Note 5 on Verizon running the latest version of Marshmallow and this is a screen shot of the bottom of the accessibility settings. I even have developer mode on. Clearly not a Note 5 feature nor a Verizon feature.

08-31-2016 06:39 AM
    There are apps that control other apps that you have to turn it on accessibilities. I've used Greenify and ShutApp and they both have to be turned on on accessibilities after downloaded.

The same with Nova Prime, you have to enable it in accessibilities to allow it to create widgets.
    08-31-2016 07:17 AM