Buffering issues while streaming music, tried diff Apps (help plz)

Aliens05

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
So I have had the Note 5 on lease for about a year now with Sprint and it has been a great all around phone. I have had a couple of issues which I would like to get some Tech help on.

First and foremost the main problem I have is while streaming music through Pandora, Slacker, Milk Music..etc. What happens is that after almost every song (sometimes it goes 2 or 3) it will buffer and stop playing music completely. The only resolution is to physically go back into the app where there is usually a notice screen telling me that the music player has had trouble connecting to the network and then depending on the media player you can hit retry or rebuffer which will then reload the song or skip to the next and begins working again. I primarily use music in the gym so taking my phone out of my pocket after every song just to retry and rebuffer the song to get it to go to the next is a hassle. I have tried about 5 or 6 different media players, and I have also experienced this issue on LTE, 3G and WIFI connections all with the same exact result (I might add that I have never had the same problem with any website connections or even streaming video with the DirectTV app, everything seems to work flawlessly except for Music Apps. Any suggestions or help??

my 2nd issue is that links in a text message will automatically open with the text based browser rather than the internet itself. There is an option on my phone to turn that feature off, however it is Greyed out and you cannot click it at all to change the setting. Any hack or suggestion for that issue?

Thanks in advance and BTW i am currently running Android version 6.0.1

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you go to the Sprint store, or at least call tech. support? You're paying a lot to lease this phone and for your monthly service. It sounds like an issue with the phone, and/or the provider, and you're entitled to much better service.

Aliens05

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Badger. Yes and yes. Tech support actually advised me to take it to a physical store and show them how the music app essentially times out after playing. My Sprint store in Papillion, Nebraska looked into both issues actually. The only answer their tech had for both issues was "(hmm thats strange I have never seen or heard of either issue before on a Note 5, the only logical explination is a software glitch through samsung)".

So I then took it the next day to my Best buy store who i actually signed the lease for through sprint. Their tech guy in the cell phone department looked at it as well and said he had no idea, and after looking through menu after menu and several different settings, he said wow, I don't even see anything that could cause that at all.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Aliens: is your phone warrantied by Sprint (optional insurance), or still under Samsung's manufacturer's warranty? If so, I'd push for replacement.

Have you done a (gulp) factory reset? After-all, this the answer to all our phone's issues, yeah right.... it's a P.I.T.A.....might be worth a try.

Aliens05

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
When I leased my phone with sprint I did get the insurance on it. I could do a replacement and might end up going that route, however I do know they have to give u a replacment phone for the time it takes to send the original back and thats a hassle (also have been contemplating upgrading to the new Note 7 after they get the bugs worked out).

factory reset has not been attempted yet.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
When I leased my phone with sprint I did get the insurance on it. I could do a replacement and might end up going that route, however I do know they have to give u a replacment phone for the time it takes to send the original back and thats a hassle (also have been contemplating upgrading to the new Note 7 after they get the bugs worked out).
factory reset has not been attempted yet.

Generally they will overnight a replacement to you with instructions, box, and prepaid poststage label to mail yours back. Unless you have a high deductible for it I'd consider doing it whether you decide on upgrading to the Note 7 sooner or later, or if at all. So far, I haven't seen a major advantage with the Note 7 other than bragging rights.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary