So I am using the tempered glass screen protector that comes with the Otterbox Commuter case. It has served me well through many drops, but unfortunately after the last drop it developed a thin crack running from the bottom left edge across to the other side of the screen. It was only a 3ft drop too, not sure why it would crack from that when it has suffered much worse.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new screen protector for it. I have done a bit of research, and I noticed that many of them have issues with proper alignment, halo effect, peeling issues, etc. Apparently people seem to like the Omoton and Zagg the best. Why is there such a huge difference in their price, is it branding or is the Zagg more premium? I also thought, if I'm shelling $20 for the Zagg why not pay a bit more and buy another Otterbox Commuter case that comes with the same screen protector? It's a fingerprint magnet, and it has the halo effect, but I haven't had any problems with it up until it cracked.

Now that it has been a year and we have more knowledge about the different screen protectors for this phone, what do you recommend? Thank you!
    09-02-2016 04:08 PM
    So I am using the tempered glass screen protector that comes with the Otterbox Commuter case. It has served me well through many drops, but unfortunately after the last drop it developed a thin crack running from the bottom left edge across to the other side of the screen. It was only a 3ft drop too, not sure why it would crack from that when it has suffered much worse.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new screen protector for it. I have done a bit of research, and I noticed that many of them have issues with proper alignment, halo effect, peeling issues, etc. Apparently people seem to like the Omoton and Zagg the best. Why is there such a huge difference in their price, is it branding or is the Zagg more premium? I also thought, if I'm shelling $20 for the Zagg why not pay a bit more and buy another Otterbox Commuter case that comes with the same screen protector? It's a fingerprint magnet, and it has the halo effect, but I haven't had any problems with it up until it cracked.

Now that it has been a year and we have more knowledge about the different screen protectors for this phone, what do you recommend? Thank you!
    Zagg gives you lifetime replacements when they break. Just go on their website, pay 5 bucks for shipping, they send you a new screen protector. I have gotten 4 so far from them so the extra money spent up front has more than paid for itself.
    09-02-2016 05:24 PM
    + 1 to Zagg. Whatever might happen to it - crack, chip, etc - pay shipping and get a brand new one.
    09-02-2016 06:03 PM
    Contact Otterbox. If they have any Note 5 cases left, they'll send you one. (There's a form to fill out on their site.) It's about $5 (for handling and shipping).
    09-02-2016 09:15 PM
    Contact Otterbox. If they have any Note 5 cases left, they'll send you one. (There's a form to fill out on their site.) It's about $5 (for handling and shipping).
    Not sure if I can. When I upgraded to the Note 5 the salesperson threw in the case as a free bonus, I don't think it's on the receipt. Plus, the warranty only covers manufacturer defects right? I can't ask to get a replacement sent because the screen protector cracked when I dropped the phone can I? Unless you're talking about complaining about the halo effect.
    09-03-2016 03:06 AM
    Zagg HD glass. Fits great, they offered replacement if it cracks for $3, and finger print resistant. Just pricey. But if you look at it like you will have a second one for $3 if it breaks it's almost like 2 for the price of one.
    09-05-2016 06:30 PM
    Been using the BodyGuardz for years. Easy to install and no bubbles.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143B2P22/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    09-07-2016 12:51 PM
    Went to Verizon with Note 5 warranty replacement phone to get activated. They couldn't reuse my Jetech ballistic protector and screwed up the other I brought with me.

Manager sold me their Verizon protector for five bucks and one of their techs installed it.

Excellent screen protector!
    09-07-2016 02:01 PM