Why won't my Samsung Note 5 silence my phone when a calendar event is marked BUSY?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 currently running Marshmallow and use Business Calendar 2 to sync with the Google Calendar. Before I purchased the Note 5 I had a Droid Maxx running the same Business Calendar 2 and when I set up an event in my calendar as BUSY, the phone would be silenced for the duration of the event. Since the Note 5, marking an event BUSY doesn't silence the phone. BUSY is an essential tool for me; without it I have to remember to turn my phone off, and worse yet, remember to turn it back on. Is there some way to get it working again? The Samsung techs have all told me that it isn't supposed to silence a Samsung. That makes no sense to me. HELP!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not sure about this. I never get the luxury to make myself busy on my calendar 😆

I tested it and it notified with a tone also. I wonder if busy is for the option when calenders are also shared or managed by more than one person and not for notification.

I'm the meantime, I'll do some searching and see what I can find. Maybe I can find something if no one else knows a way to keep it from notifying. I didn't even see an option to choose the type of notification for a specific event.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
It is not a feature that I use but isn't the "Do not disturb" feature supposed to work in conjunction with calendar events?
Under custom exemption, there is a toggle for stopping or allowing the notifications.

GRIM

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has replied. This issue has nothing to do with notifications (email or alarm aka notification). It also has nothing to do with Google. When you set up a new event, or edit an existing event, you should see two options available at the bottom left of the screen. One is "I'm Busy", and the other is "I'm Available". Depending how how you have set up your preferences one or the other will already be selected. You can change your selection at an time.

This is my first Samsung phone. Before this I had several Motorola phones. Whenever I had a caledar event where BUSY was selected, my phone was silent for the entire length of the event. It wouldn't ring if a call was coming in, and all alarms would be silenced. In other words, if I was in a meeting, and that meeting was on my calendar and marked that "I'm Busy", my phone was silent! I didn't have to power it off to keep it from interupting. When that meeting was done all sounds resumed. Notices still showed up to let me know if I missed a call, or someone left a message, or someone sent a text, or I received email, etc. The only difference between BUSY and AVAILABLE was sound.

I have a hard time believing that Samsung has decided to deliberately ignore the Google calendar BUSY command! That is what all of the Samsung store reps have told me. It must be awfully difficult for Samsung to have a company meeting with all of those phones interrupting them. Or do they all use Motorola phones?:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante