I got an update yesterday and phones fingerprint has been broken. I know every time i restart phone it has to be pin and then can be fingerprint after that. But since the update it has to be pin 9 out of 10 times...it doesn't even give option for fingerprint. I reset the security lock to fingerprint and still the same issue.

Its exactly the same issue on my wife's note 5.

Any idea how to fix this.
    sforsyth01 and Doug Moffat like this.
    09-03-2016 08:55 PM
    I know it may sound obvious, but is the button (and surrounding silver band) clean and scratch-free? I ask because, even after the update a couple days ago (on Verizon), mine is still working fine.
    09-04-2016 10:03 AM
    I know it may sound obvious, but is the button (and surrounding silver band) clean and scratch-free? I ask because, even after the update a couple days ago (on Verizon), mine is still working fine.
    Mine is fine as well.
    09-04-2016 11:04 AM
    I got an update yesterday and phones fingerprint has been broken. I know every time i restart phone it has to be pin and then can be fingerprint after that. But since the update it has to be pin 9 out of 10 times...it doesn't even give option for fingerprint. I reset the security lock to fingerprint and still the same issue.

Mine did the same thing. I uninstalled the lock screen app that I have been using for years and now the fingerprint works again. I guess the new features that they said this update was bringing was to take away more things you like using!!
    09-04-2016 01:46 PM

Same problem since the update, everything works for web sign in, but the fingerprint unlock is completely broken. No lockscreen installed, I've tried to reset it, it just doesn't work anymore
    09-04-2016 06:08 PM
    Mine works fine also, I use it all the time for Samsung Pay.
    09-04-2016 06:39 PM
    Same problem since the update, everything works for web sign in, but the fingerprint unlock is completely broken. No lockscreen installed, I've tried to reset it, it just doesn't work anymore
    Exactly my problem.
    09-04-2016 07:28 PM
    Mine works fine also, I use it all the time for Samsung Pay.
    I have no problem using it for samsung pay or web sign in...problem is only for lock screen.
    09-04-2016 07:29 PM
    No cracks or anything wrong at all. Fingerprint works for everything else besides lock screen....samsung pay, web sign in work fine.

Also think it is something with software and not physical problem with phone as it started with problems for both me and my wife the minute i updated.
    09-04-2016 07:31 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I uninstalled the lock screen app that I have been using for years and now the fingerprint works again. I guess the new features that they said this update was bringing was to take away more things you like using!!
    No other lockscreen app, just basic samsung lock screen.
    09-04-2016 07:31 PM

Do you use Greenify? I do and was having the problem. Uninstalled Greenify and it works like it should now.
    09-04-2016 07:34 PM
    Do you use Greenify? I do and was having the problem. Uninstalled Greenify and it works like it should now.
    No Greenify.
    09-04-2016 08:03 PM
    I use greenify.
    09-04-2016 09:25 PM
    No Greenify.
    Me either. When I try to unlock it says "use pin instead of fingerprint due to security policy".. Anyone know what that means? Is it a setting maybe?
    09-05-2016 07:20 AM

Are either of you using the double tap to lock feature on an app line Nova? A tip on XDA told me to shut that feature off and try again. It fixed it for me
    09-05-2016 11:29 AM
    Are either of you using the double tap to lock feature on an app line Nova? A tip on XDA told me to shut that feature off and try again. It fixed it for me
    I was using that in Nova for Greenify. Double tap to hibernate and lock screen. That issue must be with the lock screen part of the shortcut and not Greenify as I thought it was.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:32 PM
    I had Nova double tap on....it seems to have fixed fingerprint unlock after shutting down thar feature. Hopefully Nova can get an update out with a fix for that soon.

Thanks for letting me know
    09-05-2016 09:56 PM