billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I know the new update has caused problems with the fingerprint scanner and changed the picture gallery around and was wondering if there is anything else it has changed or screwed up :/

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The update didn't do anything to my fingerprint sensor.
It did change my gallery which I do not like, but can get used to it, and it reduced the strength of the haptic feedback.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Finger print sensor is fine on my note.
I didn't notice any changes to my Gallery
Stock Email notifications have been effected though. They seem to work very haphazardly at best and fail to depict the correct quantity of messages present.
What changes happened in the Gallery?

GRIM

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Finger print sensor is fine on my note.
I didn't notice any changes to my Gallery
Stock Email notifications have been effected though. They seem to work very haphazardly at best and fail to depict the correct quantity of messages present.
What changes happened in the Gallery?

GRIM

Viewing the albums is small and single column compared to large and dual columns, added a stories tab.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner is fine but it Uninstalled Amazon Music and the play store will not allow me to reinstall!

Jonbo298

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Some other stuff I noticed in the update for Verizon. The default SMS app from Samsung sizes pictures appropriately in preview (in the past, it would sometimes show a zoomed in preview before tapping to view). SMS app also has option to make the font size what the system font size is or not. Wifi calling seems to finally freaking work. In the past it always dropped the call after 3-5 seconds for me. On a related note, while I was testing wifi calling in airplane mode, I could still send/receive SMS and MMS in the default app. Last I knew, the only way to text while on wifi only was by using Verizon's messaging app.

No issues with the fingerprint scanner for me. Going to take a bit to adjust to the new gallery but it's not as bad as it could have been. Also noticed the decrease in haptic feedback strength which is ok. It's still noticeable enough.

newswatcher

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner is fine but it Uninstalled Amazon Music and the play store will not allow me to reinstall!

Try reinstalling it directly through amazon. That's where I got the music app. It is a necessity if you have Prime which I assume you do. Or back up the app and restore it that way. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Just downloaded and installed update. Amazon Music Prime app still there, and the Gallery albums has smaller folders, no big deal. Have tried WiFi calling or Bluetooth yet...

Last edited:

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated on Monday... Verizon. Till now, no problems. Phone running well and the fingerprint scanner is doing its thing well. Hopefully nothing negative will crop up.

I think the updates are getting better over the last year. Android appears to be running smoother with the updates.

Like many others, I hate doing factory resets. 😏

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are having problems with the update, try using the VZW repair manager software that is built into the phone. You need to plug it into a pc and download the software from your phone. It will backup and restore your phone. Try that v before a factory reset. It fixes many things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995