I know the new update has caused problems with the fingerprint scanner and changed the picture gallery around and was wondering if there is anything else it has changed or screwed up :/
    09-04-2016 08:09 PM
    Is this an update for a specific carrier-branded Note5?
    09-04-2016 09:20 PM
    The update didn't do anything to my fingerprint sensor.
    It did change my gallery which I do not like, but can get used to it, and it reduced the strength of the haptic feedback.
    B. Diddy and billyhousemover like this.
    09-04-2016 09:21 PM
    Is this an update for a specific carrier-branded Note5?
    Verizon.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:21 PM
    Finger print sensor is fine on my note.
    I didn't notice any changes to my Gallery
    Stock Email notifications have been effected though. They seem to work very haphazardly at best and fail to depict the correct quantity of messages present.
    What changes happened in the Gallery?

GRIM
    09-04-2016 09:51 PM
    Finger print sensor is fine on my note.
    I didn't notice any changes to my Gallery
    Stock Email notifications have been effected though. They seem to work very haphazardly at best and fail to depict the correct quantity of messages present.
    What changes happened in the Gallery?

GRIM
    Viewing the albums is small and single column compared to large and dual columns, added a stories tab.
    09-04-2016 10:01 PM
    No stories tab in mine but I am on AT&T

GRIM
    09-04-2016 10:10 PM
    My fingerprint scanner is fine but it Uninstalled Amazon Music and the play store will not allow me to reinstall!
    09-05-2016 05:17 PM
    Some other stuff I noticed in the update for Verizon. The default SMS app from Samsung sizes pictures appropriately in preview (in the past, it would sometimes show a zoomed in preview before tapping to view). SMS app also has option to make the font size what the system font size is or not. Wifi calling seems to finally freaking work. In the past it always dropped the call after 3-5 seconds for me. On a related note, while I was testing wifi calling in airplane mode, I could still send/receive SMS and MMS in the default app. Last I knew, the only way to text while on wifi only was by using Verizon's messaging app.

No issues with the fingerprint scanner for me. Going to take a bit to adjust to the new gallery but it's not as bad as it could have been. Also noticed the decrease in haptic feedback strength which is ok. It's still noticeable enough.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:18 PM
    My fingerprint scanner is fine but it Uninstalled Amazon Music and the play store will not allow me to reinstall!
    Try reinstalling it directly through amazon. That's where I got the music app. It is a necessity if you have Prime which I assume you do. Or back up the app and restore it that way. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Just downloaded and installed update. Amazon Music Prime app still there, and the Gallery albums has smaller folders, no big deal. Have tried WiFi calling or Bluetooth yet...
    09-07-2016 10:41 AM
    Updated on Monday... Verizon. Till now, no problems. Phone running well and the fingerprint scanner is doing its thing well. Hopefully nothing negative will crop up.

I think the updates are getting better over the last year. Android appears to be running smoother with the updates.

Like many others, I hate doing factory resets. 😏
    09-07-2016 01:39 PM
    The fingerprint issue is definitely only when using nova with screen off app, or hibernate/lock. Just confirmed
    09-07-2016 04:38 PM
    After reading people's issues I didn't install right away. Then I did and have had zero problems.
    lyingfromyou likes this.
    09-07-2016 07:11 PM
    If you are having problems with the update, try using the VZW repair manager software that is built into the phone. You need to plug it into a pc and download the software from your phone. It will backup and restore your phone. Try that v before a factory reset. It fixes many things.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-08-2016 06:09 AM