I pre-ordered the Note 7 and was thrilled to get it after everything I heard. I was going to put my Note 5 up on ebay but now I'm glad I waited. With the recall happening I turned off my Note 7 and went back to the Note 5 and man did I miss it. I realized there were so many things that turned me off about the Note 7.

First and foremost is the curved screen. No matter how you look at it, the Note 5 feels like a Note phone whereas the Note 7 feels like an s7 edge with an S Pen. Even though they both have 5.7" screens, the Note 5 screen feels bigger because it's not curved.

The S Pen itself is shorter on the Note 7. It felt awkward holding the Note 7 S Pen but I didn't know why until I put it side by side with the Note 5 S Pen. Why would they shorten it?

The curved edge is not very responsive on my note 7. I kept having to press it over and over when a menu button was along the edge on certain apps. It became a nuisance. I don't have this issue with my Note 5.

Finally the S Note app on the Note 5 is much better then the one on the Note 7. No action memos on the Note 7. No widget similar to the Note 5. They took a good thing and made it worse. I much prefer the Note app on the Note 5.

I don't care about the iris scanner and don't even much care for the water resistance although that is a nice touch. I don't feel the Note 7 was that much faster and better then the Note 5, and battery life seems similar. The big difference imo that the Note 7 has is the camera. It's much better then the Note 5, but is it enough for me to keep my Note 7?

I am about to receive a brand spankin' new Note 7 after the recall, but I may just put it up on ebay...what do you think?
    Lampros_G likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:32 PM
    Some things need a little getting used to, and about the edge screen sensitivity, you should consider the possibility of having a defective device and get a replacement if possible. It's up to you in the end, but I say it's best to give the Note 7 a little more time to see if your experience improves along the way. There are plenty of reasons to keep your Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2016 12:59 PM
    Some things need a little getting used to, and about the edge screen sensitivity, you should consider the possibility of having a defective device and get a replacement if possible. It's up to you in the end, but I say it's best to give the Note 7 a little more time to see if your experience improves along the way. There are plenty of reasons to keep your Note 7.

Would love to hear your reasons.
    09-09-2016 01:10 PM
    Gorilla Glass 5 for added durability, 17% larger 3500 mAh battery, IP 68 dust and water resistance, f1.7 aperture on both cameras for superior low-light photos and videos, new Exynos 8890 processor for better performance and quicker software updates to name a few.
    Like I said, it's your choice whether you want to keep the Note 7 or return to your Note 5. Just dropping my two cents, so do as you see fit.

09-09-2016 01:46 PM
    OP... if you put the Note 7 on Ebay, given all the negativity of the media and recall, you might take a huge hit. Do you have the possibility of getting a full refund from your carrier ?

I've got the Note 5 64GB and all along, passed on the Note 7. Not enough of an upgrade to excite me or cause me to take a big hit. Verizon wanted to give me only $300.00 for a trade in.

My Note 5 is running very well, fast, similar display and has a flat screen. If Samsung moves to all Edge designs in the future phones, I'm done with them!

Take the full refund if you can get it and be patient. Samsung will be discounting the Note 7 a little down the road. The savings can be substantial depending on the public's reception AFTER the recall.

Good luck!
    aximtreo and SoundofReason like this.
    09-09-2016 02:36 PM
    I'm back on my note5 after returning the 7...and am quite happy! the only things I will miss from the note7 is the camera and sd card slot. for everything else I prefer the note 5. the note 7 could barely grab 3 bars at its strongest signal.
    09-09-2016 03:14 PM
    OP... if you put the Note 7 on Ebay, given all the negativity of the media and recall, you might take a huge hit. Do you have the possibility of getting a full refund from your carrier ?

I've got the Note 5 64GB and all along, passed on the Note 7. Not enough of an upgrade to excite me or cause me to take a big hit. Verizon wanted to give me only $300.00 for a trade in.

My Note 5 is running very well, fast, similar display and has a flat screen. If Samsung moves to all Edge designs in the future phones, I'm done with them!

Take the full refund if you can get it and be patient. Samsung will be discounting the Note 7 a little down the road. The savings can be substantial depending on the public's reception AFTER the recall.

Good luck!
    Unfortunately my Carrier allows returns within 15 days only. I contacted them on the 17th for a full refund and they said NO! Deal with Samsung! ... actually speaking of Samsung, just got a confirmation email that my new Note 7 will be sent out next Thursday the 15th. I'm hoping since it's coming from them it's factory unlocked so I can peak more people's interest on ebay.
    09-09-2016 04:12 PM
    I was really enjoying my note 7.i didn't think I would like the curved screen , but I got used to it and the battery was way better on my 7. I can't use my 5 for ten minutes before I go from 100 to 60 %.
    09-10-2016 07:08 PM
    I I had the Note 7 for 3 days. The note app was a huge downgrade and when I used the S Pen my fingers holding the phone were triggering screen touches. Every time I tried to write something it switched to a different screen.

I am back and very happy with my note 5. I love the look of the edge screens but will not buy another note unless it has a flat screen.
    09-11-2016 11:39 AM
    I was really enjoying my note 7.i didn't think I would like the curved screen , but I got used to it and the battery was way better on my 7. I can't use my 5 for ten minutes before I go from 100 to 60 %.
    Do a factory reset. I did that when I went back to Note 5 while waiting for Note 7 and battery improved from 3 hours to 4/5.
    09-11-2016 12:46 PM
    I thought of maybe getting the Note 7 for maybe a day or two and thought it was ridiculous buying another phone so soon just for a few added features. I've had to keep my Note 5 rooted or else the battery life makes it unusable. I also changed the DPI to be more like my S7 Edge and Note 4. Those notifications on the lock screen were too hard to read quickly sometimes, now my phone is perfect. That's what's nice about Android, I have these choices.
    09-12-2016 12:29 AM
    Do a factory reset. I did that when I went back to Note 5 while waiting for Note 7 and battery improved from 3 hours to 4/5.
    I was trying to avoid doing this because I thought maybe I'd be getting my 7 back sooner rather than later. I guess I'll have to take the leap. When I first got the phone I never had battery issues. This just all of a sudden started. * Le' sigh*
    09-12-2016 07:20 PM
    I was trying to avoid doing this because I thought maybe I'd be getting my 7 back sooner rather than later. I guess I'll have to take the leap. When I first got the phone I never had battery issues. This just all of a sudden started. * Le' sigh*
    I need to do that because the 5's battery is really beginning to suck. I never did a wipe after the update. It is possible though that the battery is degrading which is going to happen with time. The increased battery size in the 7 sure sounds attractive....once they fix the 'sploding phone and becomes available again.
    09-13-2016 08:28 AM
    Well I hate to burst yourbubble, but google S8 and you will see them taking about edge screens
    09-16-2016 05:23 PM
    Leaving the note 7 going to the note 5 after never having a note 5. I went to from a note edge to a note 7 but I purchase my phones outright so I couldn't see myself taking the resale hit when the note 8 comes out. I work in the international tech field and rumors is the note 8 is launching very very early, early summer along with the S8 launching late January. The note 7 will be the forgotten step child and I seen the writing on the wall so Im getting out and going refurbished note 5 to hold me over
    09-22-2016 11:34 PM
    There is a problem with your note 5 then. Not the entire note 5 line. If you are using 40 percent battery in 10 minutes you have rogue apps or something going on. It's not the phone.
    09-23-2016 06:46 AM