mirroring to my tv or ps4

Rkolo1419

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have been researching ways to hook my phone up to my TV and be able to stream netflix. I have read a few different ways, but others disagree. I do not have WiFi at my house, but I do have an unlimited data plan with 5gb hotspot. Is there a way to hook my phone up to my TV or even my ps4 so I can stream Netflix using my phones data and not my hotspot?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rkolo1419

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, this has been the most clear answer I have came by. Do you think that the samsung all share will do the same thing, or is that the same device?

Rkolo1419

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I do have a wifi connection with Internet. So it may go through the wifi. But the phone streams to the chrome cast. It may not be a direct wifi connection though.

Oh ok. I do not have WiFi at my house. So i need to make sure i buy something that doesn't require wifi..besides maybe for the initial set up where I can use my hot spot.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I played around with this when I first purchased my Note 5.
I started of with Microsoft WiFi adapter for a true wireless setup. Unfortunately, it worked with every device that I tried, except the Note 5 (currently it is being used on my wife's TV and her phone/ tablet) . Supposedly it will work with a firmware update but I don't currently have a machine to complete the upgrade.
They have since come out with a new version but I don't know if it supports the Note 5.
My next thought was to pick up an earlier Note 2-3 or 4 with an accompanying Samsung Smart Dock. This would give an USB out, for adding an external Hard drive, an HDMI out and an audio out.
I finally went with the Fire TV with a Prime account but I have an in house WiFi network, so I took the easy route.

GRIM

Rkolo1419

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for all of that info. I have looked into the fire stick as well. I've been reading about the screenbeam 2. I have read that it works well with a note 5. Walmart has them for 55 and Amazon has it for 29. I may try that route. I just don't want to waste time or money lol