>>>> Note 5 wont charge in any vehicle with any charger????

Cheeva381

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Note 5 on 6.0.1
unlocked
I have oem samsung 5ft usb cables (3 of them, 2 are brand new cables)

I was trying to figure out why fast charging was not working on my phone like many many others users cant as well.
so I decided to go into my truck with a aftermarket fast charger an notice that when I plug it into my phone, the usb isnt even registered as being plugged in, yes the 12v power outlet is working cause charger lights up, then I tried a brand new 12v vehicle usb hub and plugged in my oem samsung 5ft cable and still phone wont recognize the usb being plugged in, yes I verified no obstruction, I also verified the usb cable is good cause when I plug it into my home outlet with oem samsung wall plug it registers fine.

So 2 different working vehicle chargers and nothing, my brother who has a galaxy s4 tried both chargers and worked perfectly fine.

My only other concern is thqat I am not using the oem "3ft samsung " cable as I do not have one, I had to order the 2 samsung 5ft cables.

Im just not understanding how a s4 can charge fine in my truck an on 2 different 12v power outlets even with 2 different chargers but my note 5 cant get nothing, not even recognition of it being plugged in (in vehicle only)

I have finally figured that reason why my note 5 cant fast charge is cause these problems seem to arise from everyone else once they updated to Marshmallow , yes on a home charger it takes 5 hours to charge but my battery last 12 hours a day and Im 0n it alot!

so, this vehicle charging issue has me stumped!!

This HAS to be a phone issue cause I just tried using a generic known working usb and didnt do a damn thing in my truck.

I also used both 4 pin and 5 pin chargers, no difference.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
You may need to purchase a first party charger. The aftermarket fast charger may not be up to the same standard the phone is expecting, so the phone doesn't accept the charge, in case the poor quality charger could fry the electronics.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
You may need to purchase a first party charger. The aftermarket fast charger may not be up to the same standard the phone is expecting, so the phone doesn't accept the charge, in case the poor quality charger could fry the electronics.

Now that's weird... I use a generic 2 outlet 12 volt adapter, a cheap usb cable and I charge my Note 5 AND run/charge a gopro 4 silver camera at the same time and the phone charges just as fast as it does at home. I've got about 3 dual outlet adapters and I've never had a problem powering any thing I've plugged it. Some adapters came from best, one from Wal-Mart and one even from home depot.

Cheeva381

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site

No idea what a first party charger is but the USB I used was oem, the charging dock is a 2 amp an same as oem.
As stated above I only tried a generic on top of 2 oem USB cords in my truck an nothing.

I don't think my battery is going out cause I got 11 hours of good usage today. Just very long slow charging on house outlet (5 hours) an nothing in a vehicle.

Maybe whatever controls or tells the battery to charge (charging port) is the issue.

But I need to find out if a note 5 is supposed to use a 4 pin or 5 pin USB cord?

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
You do have fast cable charging turned on right?
e638979b69c33d386cf96140c78bffc2.jpg

Cheeva381

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Yep, my next step is to downgrade my baseband version cause at least for tmobile they have had 3 different 6.0.1 versions be released. I will try one that is still 6.0.1, if that doesn't work then I will downgrade to 5.1.1

Cheeva381

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Lol well, after very close examination, my charging port has 2 pins bent up not creating contact. So looks like off to repair shop tomorrow as I heard these are a ***** to fix trying to get the back glass off.
Will be back to update but this should be the resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome