02-17-2017 09:37 AM
168 1234 ...
tools
    I had the Note 7. first note phone I owned. Got it because I liked it's shape better than the S7 Edge, and wanted to try the Stylus.
    I had is for THREE DAYS before the Note 7 was canceled. So...I was bummed, but replaced it with the note 5, because even after 3 days, the Stylus won me over, and the Note 5 was as close to the Note 7 as I could get.

Overall, pretty happy with it. Somewhat miss the AOD, and the screen was certainly better on the Note 7 (which is amazing, because the note 5 screen is amazing in it's own right!)
    So yes, seeing as how I got the Note 5 yesterday, I would get the note 5 today.
    Thank you. I feel a lot better now about giving up this work of art. I made one mistake. Didn't realize I was getting the 32 and not 64. And I have 2 new sd cards. Guess I'll depend a lot more on cloud services. I have so many on SD.
    10-12-2016 11:04 AM
    The Note 5 kinda hit the radar when I started planning next year's phone replacement (so long iPhone 6). But to be honest, it has steadily moved up the list as time has passed. It's a solid device, still available with financing, and can match many of it's competitors in key areas. Further, I have become increasingly hesitant to drop $860+ on a phone that has the big screen I want, but a lot of other features I can live without. I would have considered the Note 7 at that range, but none of the new 5.5+ in. phones do it for me. The iPhone is... an iPhone and the V20 and Pixel are nice, but not $36.00 a month nice. Best Buy ran the Moto Z Droid on a super sale last month, and I would have to consider anything like that if available at the time of purchase, but for the money, I think the Note 5 may be the best bet. I'd like expandable storage, but its not a disqualifier.

I've not totally ruled out a Note 4
    Cloud! There's nothing to compare with the note. Other phones don't have the spen. It sends old bc the 7was of but the 5 isn't even a yr old yet. I think the notes are easy ahead of everything else. I checked into the pixel and V20. I did remember any but neither appealed to me. The one that had a 2nd skin on top was interesting. I think it was the V20. But learning a new phone after 2+months of aggravation with the 7s nightmare I couldn't do. As long as they make them ill always have a note.
    10-12-2016 11:12 AM
    Thank you. I feel a lot better now about giving up this work of art. I made one mistake. Didn't realize I was getting the 32 and not 64. And I have 2 new sd cards. Guess I'll depend a lot more on cloud services. I have so many on SD.
    There's an app on the play store you can get for always on demand. There are a few but one is far better than the others. I don't remember which it was but after I get my N5 to Verizon to activate later today and I finish setting it up at home ill post which it was. U can look around in the store , you'll find them. They're free. If u do it before I post which it was and don't like it keep trying different ones.
    10-12-2016 11:19 AM
    There's an app on the play store you can get for always on demand. There are a few but one is far better than the others. I don't remember which it was but after I get my N5 to Verizon to activate later today and I finish setting it up at home ill post which it was. U can look around in the store , you'll find them. They're free. If u do it before I post which it was and don't like it keep trying different ones.
    I meant ALWAYS ON DISPLAY!
    10-12-2016 11:21 AM
    Anyone have an idea where I can buy a Note 5 at a fair price ?

I used to have a Note 4 but don't want a S7 etc.
    10-12-2016 11:40 AM
    I wish Sprint still carried the Note 5. If that was the case i would exchange it for my Note 7. I love both phones.
    mmsean likes this.
    10-12-2016 12:08 PM
    I wish Sprint still carried the Note 5. If that was the case i would exchange it for my Note 7. I love both phones.
    I'm turning in my note 7 for the note 5 today. Through Verizon. I called yesterday, it's coming today. Then ill go to Verizon and give up my 7. Sad. But very happy they had the 5 for me. Don't want anything other than a note.
    Fobbers, Jude526, jlost and 1 others like this.
    10-12-2016 12:37 PM
    I think you can ask for one in a store. My DH just got one for me on exchange just last month.
    Fobbers likes this.
    10-12-2016 01:22 PM
    vzw.com is "out" of the Note5, 64gb in black..wonder why?
    10-12-2016 05:02 PM
    Searched 15 stores in my "local" area and found one black 64BG version (T-Mobile) Most has one or two 32GB variants, looks like the N5 is on its way out with T-Mobile.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:35 PM
    I think you can ask for one in a store. My DH just got one for me on exchange just last month.
    None of the retail or corporate dealers have the N5 in stock. I might just wait for the LG V20 to release. I am considering switching to that. Bummer, i had just mailed the phone a day before the recall. Smh. Haaaa
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:44 PM
    You have to turn in the Note 7 you will get a complete refund it will eventually get crippled. If something were to happen it would not be good.
    Let it go. It's not a safe phone.
    Yes... I loved it too but safety first
    10-13-2016 12:07 AM
    I have been fighting with myself i loved my Note 5 when i had it... got rid of it for my Note 7... should i get the Note 5 again? I miss the S pen!
    I had an s7 edge didnt really want to go back to that...
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-13-2016 01:55 PM
    I'm planning to return my Note 7 for the Note 5. Don't want to switch to a non note phone. I had the note 4 previously, but don't want to go back to that. Looks like AT&T has them in stock at my local store. Going to head there after work. I love the Note 7, but expect the experience will be largely similar with the Note 5, and I don't need the headache and stress of dealing with this Note 7 issue anymore. Will be glad to have it behind me and just use my phone.
    10-13-2016 02:13 PM
    Really depends on what specs you want. The Note 5 is already a year old so yeah
    10-13-2016 03:02 PM

Swappa.com
    10-13-2016 03:12 PM
    Searched 15 stores in my "local" area and found one black 64BG version (T-Mobile) Most has one or two 32GB variants, looks like the N5 is on its way out with T-Mobile.
    I got a 32 gb black one the other day. They're definitely scarce
    10-13-2016 03:14 PM
    I think with the death of the N7, there will be a revival of the N5.. I just ordered one from the bay. it's the closest we can get to the N7 (only lacks two main features.. W/R & SD slot)

Cheers,
    BR
    jordans0nly, Jude526 and amyf27 like this.
    10-13-2016 06:21 PM
    I am in Canada trying to get one for my wife and I can't get a Note 5 all the carriers have cancelled the phone. Not happy
    10-13-2016 06:31 PM
    The downside of this is that the cost of an N5 may go up due to the increased demand, this may also affect availability of quality preowned devices. (IMHO)

Cheers,
    BR
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:06 PM
    I just returned my N7 for a Note 5. I love the N5 it's awesome..... just wish the battery was bigger.
    jlost likes this.
    10-13-2016 09:22 PM
    I have been fighting with myself i loved my Note 5 when i had it... got rid of it for my Note 7... should i get the Note 5 again? I miss the S pen!
    I had an s7 edge didnt really want to go back to that...
    I would. . No other phone was going to suit me. . I really like it.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-13-2016 09:33 PM
    I knew I was getting it. Verizon doesn't stock 64 gig in store but Verizon is out of stock on it till middle of November. Told me I can order it but will use the cloud. . It's cheaper too and am OK with it. Got instant gratification getting and got the gold. . I like it.
    10-13-2016 09:36 PM

You can try swappa or eBay.. But make sure reputable seller. Or your carrier.. I traded on Monday with Verizon
    10-13-2016 09:39 PM
    One of my local Best Buys had two 64GB. A white and that gorgeous dark sapphire blue. I took the sapphire blue.
    amyf27 and Jude526 like this.
    10-14-2016 12:55 PM
168 1234 ...