02-17-2017 09:37 AM
168 12345 ...
tools
    My note 5 is finally set up and I'm done with this mess! I wrote somewhere, I don't remember what thread. I thought it was this one but I don't see it. I'm shocked at how FAST and smooth the N5 is. I really didn't expected that . I had my N4 before the 7. I'm very happy with the 5. I found mine by calling my carriers sales department. I didn't shop online. He was immediately able to see what was in Stock and sent my note overnight. This whole thing was a nightmare. It became painfully clear how very much technology has taken over or lives.. I was crippled without my NOTE!
    amyf27 and kojak like this.
    10-15-2016 02:03 AM
    My note 5 is finally set up and I'm done with this mess! I wrote somewhere, I don't remember what thread. I thought it was this one but I don't see it. I'm shocked at how FAST and smooth the N5 is. I really didn't expected that . I had my N4 before the 7. I'm very happy with the 5. I found mine by calling my carriers sales department. I didn't shop online. He was immediately able to see what was in Stock and sent my note overnight. This whole thing was a nightmare. It became painfully clear how very much technology has taken over or lives.. I was crippled without my NOTE!
    Sorry , It WAS this THREAD I posted on. I'm clearly exhausted and don't know what I'm doing! . It's 3a.m. Time to get some sleep...
    10-15-2016 02:05 AM
    Glad you're enjoying your note 5. I just picked up a new one at tmobile on an eip. I know it's more that way but in my case it works out best and I feel more at ease with a new device that tmobile supports. They've been great with the Note 7 issues plus my son's recent s6 issue. Love the Note 5. Mine is black and has a black unicorn case and a clear gel case for my hybrid bike-fits in the phone mount best that way
    10-15-2016 05:11 AM
    Glad you're enjoying your note 5. I just picked up a new one at tmobile on an eip. I know it's more that way but in my case it works out best and I feel more at ease with a new device that tmobile supports. They've been great with the Note 7 issues plus my son's recent s6 issue. Love the Note 5. Mine is black and has a black unicorn case and a clear gel case for my hybrid bike-fits in the phone mount best that way
    I'm happy this is over! I found something that helps take the sting out of our losing the always on display. And it WORKS! It's called always on ambient clock. But it's more than a clock. It shows clock , date, battery icon, and notification icon that actually keeps the correct count. If moves around the screen so there's no screen burn. You can choose whatever color u want, customize the hrs you want it on, change the clock and font style, the color, the opacity, And it's FREE. I found it this morning. It's as close as you can get. No waving your hand over sensors to bring it up, it's 'always on'... No more looking at a black screen! I hated losing that. So until Samsung brings it to the N5, this works! Some of the others look like the actual note 7s but they either don't stay on for does than a few seconds or they don't work with fingerprint lock. Really happy about this find ..
    10-15-2016 10:40 AM
    I'm happy this is over! I found something that helps take the sting out of our losing the always on display. And it WORKS! It's called always on ambient clock. But it's more than a clock. It shows clock , date, battery icon, and notification icon that actually keeps the correct count. If moves around the screen so there's no screen burn. You can choose whatever color u want, customize the hrs you want it on, change the clock and font style, the color, the opacity, And it's FREE. I found it this morning. It's as close as you can get. No waving your hand over sensors to bring it up, it's 'always on'... No more looking at a black screen! I hated losing that. So until Samsung brings it to the N5, this works! Some of the others look like the actual note 7s but they either don't stay on for does than a few seconds or they don't work with fingerprint lock. Really happy about this find ..
    I removed the notification and the battery info from the ambient clock app & left the time and date. It was using to much battery. But it's still better than a black screen. Also, I always used chrome but when trying Internet on the N5 it's much smoother and faster. Anyone else notice this??
    10-15-2016 01:48 PM
    Went today and picked up a note 5 32gb.
    It was suppose to be a 64gb.
    But they sold all of them but the one I have.
    Buddy that went with me had to settle for a note 4.
    10-15-2016 05:09 PM
    Went today and picked up a note 5 32gb.
    It was suppose to be a 64gb.
    But they sold all of them but the one I have.
    Buddy that went with me had to settle for a note 4.
    It's great that u found one. I'm loving it. Check out the app I wrote about. I'm using the clock and date. It uses little battery if only using those 2 features , is made for amiloid displays. S7 and edge got their always on display download . I would have thought we'd get ours first being that our 7s are gone. But I'm hoping we get it sometime soon. This app serves a purpose if you're missing your AOD. ENJOY. A new club.. The note 5 reserection Club!
    10-15-2016 06:29 PM
    Great phone. I've had mine for like 8 months or so now. I love it. The flat screen best for stylus use. The memory is fine as long as you utilize a cloud service. all in all I'm very happy with it. If you're not use to big phone though then you'll have a problem but if not then you'll be good.
    10-15-2016 07:43 PM
    Bought the S7E several months back. Gave it to the wife when I got the note 7.
    I always liked the always on display.
    Miss it on the note 5.
    10-15-2016 07:59 PM
    Title kinda says it all. I wanted a note 7 but given what's going on I am looking at getting a note 5 for half the cost. Those of you with a note 5 does yours still work great and would you recommend?
    Yes I never planned to upgrade to the Note 7 anyway because I am happy with my Note 5. My only issue is the S pen is so fragile. I'm on my 3rd one in a year.
    10-15-2016 10:44 PM
    Yes I never planned to upgrade to the Note 7 anyway because I am happy with my Note 5. My only issue is the S pen is so fragile. I'm on my 3rd one in a year.
    I'm surprised. I hadn't needed to change tips or the spen itself throughout the yr and half I used it. It was never out of my hand. Maybe I have a light touch !
    10-16-2016 12:24 PM
    I can't believe how fast the verizon note 5 sold out online.
    I noticed you can buy a note 5 on samsungs website as well. Of course your paying full price.

I think samsung should push some sort of update to add some of the note 7 features on the note 5. Honestly the note 5 in my opinion was the best phone I've ever owned. Too bad I sold mine to buy the note 7. Sigh... now I'm on a mission to find a mint condition used one that wasn't bought a year ago....
    amyf27 and jordans0nly like this.
    10-16-2016 01:44 PM
    YES! I have been an iPhone user since 2009. My first Android was the Note7 and I loved it. Upon returning it I decided to stay with Samsung Note 5. First, I think the 7 issue is a one time thing, and secondly, I loved the 7 and Android. I also use the stylus a lot, so I decided to give the Note 5 a chance. I have had it about a week and have not regretted it once. It does not have all the bells/whistles of the Note 7 - water proofing being the big one for me, but other than that, it has been a great decision for me.
    10-16-2016 02:38 PM
    I agree with you. I hope Samsung will repay our loyalty in staying with them by upgrading the Note 5's software.
    10-16-2016 02:41 PM
    Okay, so I got the Note 5 and S7e thinking that together they almost equal the Note 7 (minus the fire hazard). Thing is, I'm not as girl-nerd psyched as I'd thought I'd be about this Note 5. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this fine phone. I've done my usual tuning and it flies. ...but, on the other hand I just put a year old phone on a new AT&T Next agreement and...after reading around here and brooding on it I'm not feeling so swell on that. Fooey! This phone is more than just nice so why canna I not love it? I have more phones than I can admit to but it's curbed my clothes habit. Perhaps if I only had one phone I'd feel better about this Note 5. I have a V20 coming and I'm excited for that and the S7Edge just has this sexiness that I like for some subjective reason. This Note 5? For productivity it obviously rox but I'm just not excited by it. Perhaps though, I shouldn't be, and just learn to appreciate what it CAN do. Unlike many here, I don't care about Nougat. MM works just swell. So perhaps that it's year-old tech shouldn't be weighing on me like it is.

My hubby says I have tech issues. It could be worse.
    10-16-2016 02:57 PM
    Okay, so I got the Note 5 and S7e thinking that together they almost equal the Note 7 (minus the fire hazard). Thing is, I'm not as girl-nerd psyched as I'd thought I'd be about this Note 5. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this fine phone. I've done my usual tuning and it flies. ...but, on the other hand I just put a year old phone on a new AT&T Next agreement and...after reading around here and brooding on it I'm not feeling so swell on that. Fooey! This phone is more than just nice so why canna I not love it? I have more phones than I can admit to but it's curbed my clothes habit. Perhaps if I only had one phone I'd feel better about this Note 5. I have a V20 coming and I'm excited for that and the S7Edge just has this sexiness that I like for some subjective reason. This Note 5? For productivity it obviously rox but I'm just not excited by it. Perhaps though, I shouldn't be, and just learn to appreciate what it CAN do. Unlike many here, I don't care about Nougat. MM works just swell. So perhaps that it's year-old tech shouldn't be weighing on me like it is.

I'm happy with the N5. I think. After having had the 7 im just now starting to realize what is gone. I REALLY miss the edge panels, I miss everything about it. If felt like it molded to your hand. But I can't go smaller and won't give up my SPen. Samsung better get moving with updates. & I want me AOD. Iwas so consumed by the 7fiasco I didn't know until today that Samsungs coming out with abandoned chrome book with an Spen! Like NOW! It's already out in Korea. Excellent reviews. I think 12.5". That would make me feel a lot better ! !
    10-16-2016 03:43 PM
    The word abandoned was a typo!
    10-16-2016 03:44 PM

How did you get a note 5 on next? I can't find anything on AT&T website that shows that they even sell the phone anymore.
    10-16-2016 07:26 PM
    How did you get a note 5 on next? I can't find anything on AT&T website that shows that they even sell the phone anymore.
    Best Buy. AT&T no longer sells them, as you know.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    10-16-2016 08:07 PM
    The Note 5 has a flat screen with a small border around the frame. It doesn't have edge tech
    Coming from N7 I really like the flat screen
    10-16-2016 10:20 PM
    That part is definately better. You don't go off the road .. That was the only thing that annoyed me with the 7. I personalized it a little more, and took off the case. With case off it's feeling a lot better to me. Need to remember to keep a death grip on it. Have 2 cases but unless I can't be careful enough they're staying off .
    10-17-2016 06:00 AM
    Yes. I currently have mines for over a year now and I love it. The ZeroLemon 8500 mah case with the built in power bank feature keeps me glued to my Note 5 along with the stylus and screen of the Note5
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    10-17-2016 08:12 AM
    Yes. I currently have mines for over a year now and I love it. The ZeroLemon 8500 mah case with the built in power bank feature keeps me glued to my Note 5 along with the stylus and screen of the Note5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...98e73d0c81.jpg
    Interesting, I have been exploring similar options, that one seemed to make the phone kind of thick, what's your experience with it in regard to added bulk vs added battery life?

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-17-2016 08:49 AM
    Yes. I currently have mines for over a year now and I love it. The ZeroLemon 8500 mah case with the built in power bank feature keeps me glued to my Note 5 along with the stylus and screen of the Note5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...98e73d0c81.jpg
    That, my friend, is indeed a brick. How much does it weigh?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-17-2016 09:54 AM
    I had determined a couple of months back the note 7 wasn't for me as I didn't like the curved screen (flat makes more sense w/ a stylus) and I had concerns about the fragility of said screen. So, after my wife accidentally laundered my 10 month old N5 and then gave me a green light to buy any phone I wanted, it wasn't a hard call. Not only would I get a Note 5 today, I actually bought my 2nd one about a month ago. On all levels, it just works for me.
    10-17-2016 10:13 AM
168 12345 ...