Would you get a note 5 today?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Title kinda says it all. I wanted a note 7 but given what's going on I am looking at getting a note 5 for half the cost. Those of you with a note 5 does yours still work great and would you recommend?

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would. I've had mine for quite awhile and I have had 0 problems. In fact, I never considered the 7 because I like my 5.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely. I have had mine several months and for a phone that came last year it still feels cutting edge and premium. I still love it .

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 64GB version does all I need it to do. It's been a phenomenal phone and am glad that I never upgraded to the Note 7.

donnajo62

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I love my Note 5. Usually I want the newest Samsung phone but didn't get the Note 7 because I love this phone so much. Super happy I didn't jump on that boat!

Posted via the Android Central App

BURZIN

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I jst bought one note 5 says roughly 10 days ago loving it to the core pls go get one asap u never know if all might go out of stock . As all the note 7s are also starting to burn n blow up. All the best dude.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I had $350 saved to put down on a note 7. Then realized that most of the features I was looking for was already in the note 5. Coming from a 64gb s6 I started looking for a 64gb note 5. Found one in mint condition on ebay. And the kicker? It was $350. Now I don't have a installment payment on my cell bill. And a great phone to boot.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 64gb does everything it should ,never a problem with it.
Go for it ,plenty of notes on Amazon of all Generations.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Title kinda says it all. I wanted a note 7 but given what's going on I am looking at getting a note 5 for half the cost. Those of you with a note 5 does yours still work great and would you recommend?

I traded yesterday but 32 gig. I will handle it fine. Loved the Note 7 but can't. I don't regret taking Note5. Glad it was available

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I traded yesterday but 32 gig. I will handle it fine. Loved the Note 7 but can't. I don't regret taking Note5. Glad it was available

I had /have the N7. But knowing it will become disabled shortly without any phone service, or support, yesterday I called Verizon to see if they had N5s available. I can't give up my SPen and i have a samsung tablet, etc. so I'm entrenched in Samsung. Iphone I would never never never contemplate. I will say, the N7 is something beyond comprehension if you haven't had and used it. So many things I wouldn't even know where to begin. But the closest thing to it is the N5. So through verizon I'm getting the gold Note 5 with a gift box that includes wireless charger, car charger, screen protector, Otterbox case in color of my choice (pink) and something else that I can't remember. It was sent out overnight delivery so I'll be getting it today. I couldn't leave the note. When the N8 comes out I'll be the 1st in line.. I just hope that after the 7 I'm not going to be more sad than i already am.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got a note 5 2 days ago. Turned in the replacement note 7 for an s7 edge, but missed the Note experience. Love this phone.

Last edited:

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
U just got a note 5 2 days ago. Turned in the replacement note 7 for an s7 edge, but missed the Note experience. Love this phone.

Do u mean You love the s7 edge or the N7? I didn't turn in my N7. I bought it outright when pre-ordering and LOVE it to the point of not being able to let it go.. yet. Just as ALL of us who had it feel. Anything other than a note I know i wouldn't be happy with. I thought about and talked about what to do to the point of obsession . My husbands not talking to me! I can't even bring up the situation without a war. He's ignorant about these things, , & WON'T use a mobile phone AT ALL. technology passed him by to the point he doesn't know how to get voice messages on his flip top phone I got him last yr. in case of an emergency. No, he's not 100 yrs old, he's just stubborn beyond belief & doesn't want to learn or be bothered . I'm the opposite. Anyway,... Once I get the the N5 today I'll have it activated. I really don't want to be without the Spen, the size, the note in general, etc. I'm hoping I can get some of the 7s functions through the play Store or Samsung downloads. Im also hoping they'll give the N5 some extra attention bc as of now it's their latest in the note series. I'd think they'd want to keep customers happy, hoping they'll move up to the N8 when its out . Once I get my 5 activated I don't know what I'll do with the 7. There's nothing I want other than the note. The 5, for me , is the best phone out right now. I tried to like the 7 edge. But it kept coming back to the same issue - no spen, it felt a lot smaller, etc. I don't know if I made the right decision. But I had to make one. I feel completely safe with my 7 but I'm sure phone service will be cut off soon. IF when using it at home (until I figure out what to put the $refund to once I do bring the 7 back) , it should happen to smoke, as doubtful as that may be, I don't want my face or ear set on fire!! So I guess I'm just buying time this way to figure it all out. I'll use my new /older Note 5 and hope a note 8 will come back sooner rather than later . Then use the refund $ toward the N8 - or whatever they may change the name to! Does that sound rational?? It's complicated, & frustrating.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do u mean You love the s7 edge or the N7? I didn't turn in my N7. I bought it outright when pre-ordering and LOVE it to the point of not being able to let it go.. yet. Just as ALL of us who had it feel. Anything other than a note I know i wouldn't be happy with. I thought about and talked about what to do to the point of obsession . My husbands not talking to me! I can't even bring up the situation without a war. He's ignorant about these things, , & WON'T use a mobile phone AT ALL. technology passed him by to the point he doesn't know how to get voice messages on his flip top phone I got him last yr. in case of an emergency. No, he's not 100 yrs old, he's just stubborn beyond belief & doesn't want to learn or be bothered . I'm the opposite. Anyway,... Once I get the the N5 today I'll have it activated. I really don't want to be without the Spen, the size, the note in general, etc. I'm hoping I can get some of the 7s functions through the play Store or Samsung downloads. Im also hoping they'll give the N5 some extra attention bc as of now it's their latest in the note series. I'd think they'd want to keep customers happy, hoping they'll move up to the N8 when its out . Once I get my 5 activated I don't know what I'll do with the 7. There's nothing I want other than the note. The 5, for me , is the best phone out right now. I tried to like the 7 edge. But it kept coming back to the same issue - no spen, it felt a lot smaller, etc. I don't know if I made the right decision. But I had to make one. I feel completely safe with my 7 but I'm sure phone service will be cut off soon. IF when using it at home (until I figure out what to put the $refund to once I do bring the 7 back) , it should happen to smoke, as doubtful as that may be, I don't want my face or ear set on fire!! So I guess I'm just buying time this way to figure it all out. I'll use my new /older Note 5 and hope a note 8 will come back sooner rather than later . Then use the refund $ toward the N8 - or whatever they may change the name to! Does that sound rational?? It's complicated, & frustrating.
I loved the Note 7. I liked the s7edge but it was a little too much edge and no pen. I really like the Note 5 flat screen. I too am.phone obsessed and husband just shakes his head at me.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I loved the Note 7. I liked the s7edge but it was a little too much edge and no pen. I really like the Note 5 flat screen. I too am.phone obsessed and husband just shakes his head at me.

The 5 has edge panels, right? If didn't even occur to me to find out. I just assumed it did. I went from N4 to 7. Skipped the 5 bc I didn't see that much of a change between them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira