02-17-2017 09:37 AM
168 ... 23456 ...
tools
    That, my friend, is indeed a brick.
    I just watched Flossy's review of this case on YouTube. Sure you can use the phone in this case 24/7 and charge the phone as you need to, but the phone is massive with that thing on it. I think it would be great to have for road trips or special times when you won't be near a charger or outlet to plugin.

I had determined a couple of months back the note 7 wasn't for me as I didn't like the curved screen (flat makes more sense w/ a stylus) and I had concerns about the fragility of said screen. So, after my wife accidentally laundered my 10 month old N5 and then gave me a green light to buy any phone I wanted, it wasn't a hard call. Not only would I get a Note 5 today, I actually bought my 2nd one about a month ago. On all levels, it just works for me.
    I really like the big screen on my Note 5. I just wish the battery was a bit bigger such as what my S7 Edge has. I leave my S7 Edge at home and I bring the Note 5 with me to work every day.

The Note 5 doesn't have some of the Note 7/S7 Edge features but they don't really matter on this phone. I will always have respect for the Note line of phones and everything that is Samsung. Amazing phones.
    10-17-2016 10:26 AM
    I had /have the N7. But knowing it will become disabled shortly without any phone service, or support, yesterday I called Verizon to see if they had N5s available. I can't give up my SPen and i have a samsung tablet, etc. so I'm entrenched in Samsung. Iphone I would never never never contemplate. I will say, the N7 is something beyond comprehension if you haven't had and used it. So many things I wouldn't even know where to begin. But the closest thing to it is the N5. So through verizon I'm getting the gold Note 5 with a gift box that includes wireless charger, car charger, screen protector, Otterbox case in color of my choice (pink) and something else that I can't remember. It was sent out overnight delivery so I'll be getting it today. I couldn't leave the note. When the N8 comes out I'll be the 1st in line.. I just hope that after the 7 I'm not going to be more sad than i already am.
    I'm interested in that note 5 gift box... I heard another member say they ordered it through Verizon... Do you mind telling me if you ordered that through website or through person to person phone chat? How much did you pay for it and it's it 32 or 64??

I can't find on the Verizon website and the note 5 32gb is the same price as the Note 7 ! $299
    10-17-2016 10:53 AM
    Just cracked the edge of my Note 7... Time to order a note 5 but Verizon wants $399 for the 64gb version... The note 7 was only 299 and I'm kinda aggravated about that!! Best buy has it for only $1 for 2 year upgrade but none in stock! Where did y'all get one if you had Verizon? Did you just pay the $299 or do a device payment per month??
    10-17-2016 11:04 AM
    I never really appreciated how beautiful the 5 was bc as soon as i got it I put it in a case. Really would like to keep it this way. It's beautiful. Do u think the back will scratch easily ?
    10-17-2016 11:20 AM
    Just cracked the edge of my Note 7... Time to order a note 5 but Verizon wants $399 for the 64gb version... The note 7 was only 299 and I'm kinda aggravated about that!! Best buy has it for only $1 for 2 year upgrade but none in stock! Where did y'all get one if you had Verizon? Did you just pay the $299 or do a device payment per month??
    I got mine by calling Verizon sales dept. They can tell u immediately what there is in Stock.
    10-17-2016 11:22 AM
    I got mine by calling Verizon sales dept. They can tell u immediately what there is in Stock.
    How much did you pay?
    10-17-2016 11:26 AM
    Interesting, I have been exploring similar options, that one seemed to make the phone kind of thick, what's your experience with it in regard to added bulk vs added battery life?

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    From my experience it feels like a literally. It weighs at least a pound and should last for at 3 days. I rarely drain the whole battery as I used my Samsung fast charge power bank more
    10-17-2016 11:33 AM
    It was around to 500. High. But I got a gift box with a power station, case, car charger, ( i lost mine from my NOTE 4 ) a screen protector which i didn't use. I put on glass, they sent Verizons which is horrible.
    10-17-2016 11:37 AM
    It was around to 500. High. But I got a gift box with a power station, case, car charger, ( i lost mine from my NOTE 4 ) a screen protector which i didn't use. I put on glass, they sent Verizons which is horrible.
    I had Verizon take off the cost of the case and protector. So pretty close to 500.
    10-17-2016 11:40 AM
    BestBuy has 10% off unlocked phones until October 19. They ended up matching B&H Photos and the phone cost was $450 before taxes. It was the SM-920G version and works flawlessly with TMobile. Please note that no WIFI calling or Samsung Pay is available with this version of the phone but for $270 less than what TMobile is advertising the phone for, i can certainly live without these features. I al also thinking of porting the Note 7 UX. The Phone has premium feel and wonderful to use. I have had iPhones since 2007 and do not miss their overpriced iCrap. I wish Sammy would provide note 5 owners with international versions a discount like the one proposed for the major carriers but $25 bill credit is better than nothing and at the end, the phone is $195 cheaper than what TMobile is charging their customers.
    10-17-2016 11:50 AM
    I never really appreciated how beautiful the 5 was bc as soon as i got it I put it in a case. Really would like to keep it this way. It's beautiful. Do u think the back will scratch easily ?
    It does have Gorilla Glass 4 on the back but it still may scratch.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2016 12:56 PM
    I had determined a couple of months back the note 7 wasn't for me as I didn't like the curved screen (flat makes more sense w/ a stylus) and I had concerns about the fragility of said screen. So, after my wife accidentally laundered my 10 month old N5 and then gave me a green light to buy any phone I wanted, it wasn't a hard call. Not only would I get a Note 5 today, I actually bought my 2nd one about a month ago. On all levels, it just works for me.
    It still don't come close to the note 7

Next year beholds the X line of Samsung phones for 2017
    The year of change.
    10-17-2016 12:58 PM

The year of change.
    I agree !! 100%. This is good, it's a note. But the 7 was 007 GREAT. The only thing it didn't do was cook dinner!
    10-17-2016 02:21 PM

The year of change.
    Actually the more i look at the note 5 the more i like it... One thing i didn't like about the Note 7 was the skinny width of the screen... I prefer the width of my Note 3 and now the note 5

I certainly didn't care about the "curve"... All in all i should have switched back over to the note 5 when best buy still had them in stock... They are only $1 even for the 64gb upgrade... If you do these monthly payment plan they are giving a $250 bb gift card

I'm gonna just wait a while and see if they get back their stock
    10-17-2016 02:22 PM
    Actually the more i look at the note 5 the more i like it... One thing i didn't like about the Note 7 was the skinny width of the screen... I prefer the width of my Note 3 and now the note 5

I certainly didn't care about the "curve"... All in all i should have switched back over to the note 5 when best buy still had them in stock... They are only $1 even for the 64gb upgrade... If you do these monthly payment plan they are giving a $250 bb gift card

I'm gonna just wait a while and see if they get back their stock
    I kind of have mixed feelings about screen width. I do like the screens on the older notes in many ways, that said. It did seem easier to use one handed because it was narrower.. (The curve did not bother me, I thought it was better than the one on the S7E, since they did away with actual curve screen independent functionality it was more of a visual than functional thing)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-17-2016 02:27 PM
    I kind of have mixed feelings about screen width. I do like the screens on the older notes in many ways, that said. It did seem easier to use one handed because it was narrower.. (The curve did not bother me, I thought it was better than the one on the S7E, since they did away with actual curve screen independent functionality it was more of a visual than functional thing)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    Screen size on the 5 and the 7 are both 5.70. The 7s width is all screen. The 5s isn't.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:35 PM
    Screen size on the 5 and the 7 are both 5.70. The 7s width is all screen. The 5s isn't.
    Thanks for the info, I expect to have my N5 very soon. I will see how it feels. (I have the same case for my N5 as i did for the N7, it is a bit shorter/wider, it's the only comparison i have atm)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-17-2016 02:44 PM
    Heaven forbid - a 64gb AT&T GN5 at the Samsung site is $840 - I only paid $880 for the Note 7 - sorry folks, but that is a flat rip off!
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2016 03:47 PM
    Heaven forbid - a 64gb AT&T GN5 at the Samsung site is $840 - I only paid $880 for the Note 7 - sorry folks, but that is a flat rip off!
    I completely agree... I'm pissed at Verizon... They are absolutely taking advantage of the situation... On Verizon chat today i asked him why the note 5 was MORE EXPENSIVE than the Note 7... He said it was the same price since Samsung is giving you a bill credit!

I don't think that Samsung intended to give Verizon an extra 100! Wtf should i do... Just keep typing away on the N7? Anyone know when this $100 bill credit thing will expire?

Best buy can give you the note 5- 64gb for $1 but Verizon still wants $399 ! I asked the chat rep if i still get the $100 bill credit if i upgrade through BB... He said yep you will still get the $100 credit...
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:02 PM
    I'm on Sprint and apparently neither Sprint, Samsung or Best Buy are selling the Note 5 any longer.

Quite a shame.
    mmsean likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:08 PM
    Traded my Note 5 in to upgrade to the 7 on Sprint. Bought another one off eBay today to replace the Note 7 I have to return. Full circle lol. I considered the S7 edge but I favor the S Pen on a still very relevant phone than the slight software enhancements on the Edge. The only difficult part of the decision was the advantage the Edge has with the memory card
    10-17-2016 07:24 PM
    Looks like there's A LOT of price gouging these days with the Note 5 and 64GB especially. This is ludicrous. Don't know if it's coming from the carriers or SAMSUNG themselves.

I paid $792.00 last October for a 64GB... and received $500.00 credit from Verizon for giving up my UDP, Unlimited Plan that I had for many years.

To see the prices being charged now, it's pure greed by the forces at large.
    10-17-2016 07:34 PM
    I don't know what to do. Trying to decide between Note 5 (had before my note 7) or S7 active.
    Don't want an edge phone had the S7 edge wasn't a big fan.
    10-17-2016 07:53 PM
    Note 5, black 64gb won't be back in stock until 11/7 from vzw.
    10-17-2016 09:11 PM
    Ugh i dont know i if i can go to the smaller screen on the active....
    10-18-2016 08:52 AM
168 ... 23456 ...