Would you get a note 5 today?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The 5 has edge panels, right? If didn't even occur to me to find out. I just assumed it did. I went from N4 to 7. Skipped the 5 bc I didn't see that much of a change between them.
The Note 5 has a flat screen with a small border around the frame. It doesn't have edge tech

Quiquag MC

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the Note 7. first note phone I owned. Got it because I liked it's shape better than the S7 Edge, and wanted to try the Stylus.
I had is for THREE DAYS before the Note 7 was canceled. So...I was bummed, but replaced it with the note 5, because even after 3 days, the Stylus won me over, and the Note 5 was as close to the Note 7 as I could get.

Overall, pretty happy with it. Somewhat miss the AOD, and the screen was certainly better on the Note 7 (which is amazing, because the note 5 screen is amazing in it's own right!)
So yes, seeing as how I got the Note 5 yesterday, I would get the note 5 today.

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 kinda hit the radar when I started planning next year's phone replacement (so long iPhone 6). But to be honest, it has steadily moved up the list as time has passed. It's a solid device, still available with financing, and can match many of it's competitors in key areas. Further, I have become increasingly hesitant to drop $860+ on a phone that has the big screen I want, but a lot of other features I can live without. I would have considered the Note 7 at that range, but none of the new 5.5+ in. phones do it for me. The iPhone is... an iPhone and the V20 and Pixel are nice, but not $36.00 a month nice. Best Buy ran the Moto Z Droid on a super sale last month, and I would have to consider anything like that if available at the time of purchase, but for the money, I think the Note 5 may be the best bet. I'd like expandable storage, but its not a disqualifier.

I've not totally ruled out a Note 4 :p

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 7. first note phone I owned. Got it because I liked it's shape better than the S7 Edge, and wanted to try the Stylus.
I had is for THREE DAYS before the Note 7 was canceled. So...I was bummed, but replaced it with the note 5, because even after 3 days, the Stylus won me over, and the Note 5 was as close to the Note 7 as I could get.

Overall, pretty happy with it. Somewhat miss the AOD, and the screen was certainly better on the Note 7 (which is amazing, because the note 5 screen is amazing in it's own right!)
So yes, seeing as how I got the Note 5 yesterday, I would get the note 5 today.

Thank you. I feel a lot better now about giving up this work of art. I made one mistake. Didn't realize I was getting the 32 and not 64. And I have 2 new sd cards. Guess I'll depend a lot more on cloud services. I have so many on SD.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The Note 5 kinda hit the radar when I started planning next year's phone replacement (so long iPhone 6). But to be honest, it has steadily moved up the list as time has passed. It's a solid device, still available with financing, and can match many of it's competitors in key areas. Further, I have become increasingly hesitant to drop $860+ on a phone that has the big screen I want, but a lot of other features I can live without. I would have considered the Note 7 at that range, but none of the new 5.5+ in. phones do it for me. The iPhone is... an iPhone and the V20 and Pixel are nice, but not $36.00 a month nice. Best Buy ran the Moto Z Droid on a super sale last month, and I would have to consider anything like that if available at the time of purchase, but for the money, I think the Note 5 may be the best bet. I'd like expandable storage, but its not a disqualifier.

I've not totally ruled out a Note 4 :p

Cloud! There's nothing to compare with the note. Other phones don't have the spen. It sends old bc the 7was of but the 5 isn't even a yr old yet. I think the notes are easy ahead of everything else. I checked into the pixel and V20. I did remember any but neither appealed to me. The one that had a 2nd skin on top was interesting. I think it was the V20. But learning a new phone after 2+months of aggravation with the 7s nightmare I couldn't do. As long as they make them ill always have a note.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I feel a lot better now about giving up this work of art. I made one mistake. Didn't realize I was getting the 32 and not 64. And I have 2 new sd cards. Guess I'll depend a lot more on cloud services. I have so many on SD.

There's an app on the play store you can get for always on demand. There are a few but one is far better than the others. I don't remember which it was but after I get my N5 to Verizon to activate later today and I finish setting it up at home ill post which it was. U can look around in the store , you'll find them. They're free. If u do it before I post which it was and don't like it keep trying different ones.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
There's an app on the play store you can get for always on demand. There are a few but one is far better than the others. I don't remember which it was but after I get my N5 to Verizon to activate later today and I finish setting it up at home ill post which it was. U can look around in the store , you'll find them. They're free. If u do it before I post which it was and don't like it keep trying different ones.

I meant ALWAYS ON DISPLAY!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an idea where I can buy a Note 5 at a fair price ?

I used to have a Note 4 but don't want a S7 etc.

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I wish Sprint still carried the Note 5. If that was the case i would exchange it for my Note 7. I love both phones.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I wish Sprint still carried the Note 5. If that was the case i would exchange it for my Note 7. I love both phones.

I'm turning in my note 7 for the note 5 today. Through Verizon. I called yesterday, it's coming today. Then ill go to Verizon and give up my 7. Sad. But very happy they had the 5 for me. Don't want anything other than a note.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Searched 15 stores in my "local" area and found one black 64BG version (T-Mobile) Most has one or two 32GB variants, looks like the N5 is on its way out with T-Mobile.

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I think you can ask for one in a store. My DH just got one for me on exchange just last month.
None of the retail or corporate dealers have the N5 in stock. I might just wait for the LG V20 to release. I am considering switching to that. Bummer, i had just mailed the phone a day before the recall. Smh. Haaaa

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You have to turn in the Note 7 you will get a complete refund it will eventually get crippled. If something were to happen it would not be good.
Let it go. It's not a safe phone.
Yes... I loved it too but safety first

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have been fighting with myself i loved my Note 5 when i had it... got rid of it for my Note 7... should i get the Note 5 again? I miss the S pen!
I had an s7 edge didnt really want to go back to that...

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning to return my Note 7 for the Note 5. Don't want to switch to a non note phone. I had the note 4 previously, but don't want to go back to that. Looks like AT&T has them in stock at my local store. Going to head there after work. I love the Note 7, but expect the experience will be largely similar with the Note 5, and I don't need the headache and stress of dealing with this Note 7 issue anymore. Will be glad to have it behind me and just use my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7