Would you get a note 5 today?

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes I never planned to upgrade to the Note 7 anyway because I am happy with my Note 5. My only issue is the S pen is so fragile. I'm on my 3rd one in a year.

I'm surprised. I hadn't needed to change tips or the spen itself throughout the yr and half I used it. It was never out of my hand. Maybe I have a light touch !

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe how fast the verizon note 5 sold out online.
I noticed you can buy a note 5 on samsungs website as well. Of course your paying full price.

I think samsung should push some sort of update to add some of the note 7 features on the note 5. Honestly the note 5 in my opinion was the best phone I've ever owned. Too bad I sold mine to buy the note 7. Sigh... now I'm on a mission to find a mint condition used one that wasn't bought a year ago....

dadmanTN

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
YES! I have been an iPhone user since 2009. My first Android was the Note7 and I loved it. Upon returning it I decided to stay with Samsung Note 5. First, I think the 7 issue is a one time thing, and secondly, I loved the 7 and Android. I also use the stylus a lot, so I decided to give the Note 5 a chance. I have had it about a week and have not regretted it once. It does not have all the bells/whistles of the Note 7 - water proofing being the big one for me, but other than that, it has been a great decision for me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I got the Note 5 and S7e thinking that together they almost equal the Note 7 (minus the fire hazard). Thing is, I'm not as girl-nerd psyched as I'd thought I'd be about this Note 5. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this fine phone. I've done my usual tuning and it flies. ...but, on the other hand I just put a year old phone on a new AT&T Next agreement and...after reading around here and brooding on it I'm not feeling so swell on that. Fooey! This phone is more than just nice so why canna I not love it? I have more phones than I can admit to but it's curbed my clothes habit. Perhaps if I only had one phone I'd feel better about this Note 5. I have a V20 coming and I'm excited for that and the S7Edge just has this sexiness that I like for some subjective reason. This Note 5? For productivity it obviously rox but I'm just not excited by it. Perhaps though, I shouldn't be, and just learn to appreciate what it CAN do. Unlike many here, I don't care about Nougat. MM works just swell. So perhaps that it's year-old tech shouldn't be weighing on me like it is.

My hubby says I have tech issues. It could be worse.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I got the Note 5 and S7e thinking that together they almost equal the Note 7 (minus the fire hazard). Thing is, I'm not as girl-nerd psyched as I'd thought I'd be about this Note 5. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this fine phone. I've done my usual tuning and it flies. ...but, on the other hand I just put a year old phone on a new AT&T Next agreement and...after reading around here and brooding on it I'm not feeling so swell on that. Fooey! This phone is more than just nice so why canna I not love it? I have more phones than I can admit to but it's curbed my clothes habit. Perhaps if I only had one phone I'd feel better about this Note 5. I have a V20 coming and I'm excited for that and the S7Edge just has this sexiness that I like for some subjective reason. This Note 5? For productivity it obviously rox but I'm just not excited by it. Perhaps though, I shouldn't be, and just learn to appreciate what it CAN do. Unlike many here, I don't care about Nougat. MM works just swell. So perhaps that it's year-old tech shouldn't be weighing on me like it is.

I'm happy with the N5. I think. After having had the 7 im just now starting to realize what is gone. I REALLY miss the edge panels, I miss everything about it. If felt like it molded to your hand. But I can't go smaller and won't give up my SPen. Samsung better get moving with updates. & I want me AOD. Iwas so consumed by the 7fiasco I didn't know until today that Samsungs coming out with abandoned chrome book with an Spen! Like NOW! It's already out in Korea. Excellent reviews. I think 12.5". That would make me feel a lot better ! !

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

How did you get a note 5 on next? I can't find anything on AT&T website that shows that they even sell the phone anymore.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
That part is definately better. You don't go off the road .. That was the only thing that annoyed me with the 7. I personalized it a little more, and took off the case. With case off it's feeling a lot better to me. Need to remember to keep a death grip on it. Have 2 cases but unless I can't be careful enough they're staying off .

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I currently have mines for over a year now and I love it. The ZeroLemon 8500 mah case with the built in power bank feature keeps me glued to my Note 5 along with the stylus and screen of the Note5
c55b69a76cddf64691933798e73d0c81.jpg

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I currently have mines for over a year now and I love it. The ZeroLemon 8500 mah case with the built in power bank feature keeps me glued to my Note 5 along with the stylus and screen of the Note5 //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/c55b69a76cddf64691933798e73d0c81.jpg

Interesting, I have been exploring similar options, that one seemed to make the phone kind of thick, what's your experience with it in regard to added bulk vs added battery life?

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I had determined a couple of months back the note 7 wasn't for me as I didn't like the curved screen (flat makes more sense w/ a stylus) and I had concerns about the fragility of said screen. So, after my wife accidentally laundered my 10 month old N5 and then gave me a green light to buy any phone I wanted, it wasn't a hard call. Not only would I get a Note 5 today, I actually bought my 2nd one about a month ago. On all levels, it just works for me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That, my friend, is indeed a brick.
I just watched Flossy's review of this case on YouTube. Sure you can use the phone in this case 24/7 and charge the phone as you need to, but the phone is massive with that thing on it. I think it would be great to have for road trips or special times when you won't be near a charger or outlet to plugin.

I had determined a couple of months back the note 7 wasn't for me as I didn't like the curved screen (flat makes more sense w/ a stylus) and I had concerns about the fragility of said screen. So, after my wife accidentally laundered my 10 month old N5 and then gave me a green light to buy any phone I wanted, it wasn't a hard call. Not only would I get a Note 5 today, I actually bought my 2nd one about a month ago. On all levels, it just works for me.
I really like the big screen on my Note 5. I just wish the battery was a bit bigger such as what my S7 Edge has. I leave my S7 Edge at home and I bring the Note 5 with me to work every day.

The Note 5 doesn't have some of the Note 7/S7 Edge features but they don't really matter on this phone. I will always have respect for the Note line of phones and everything that is Samsung. Amazing phones.

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I had /have the N7. But knowing it will become disabled shortly without any phone service, or support, yesterday I called Verizon to see if they had N5s available. I can't give up my SPen and i have a samsung tablet, etc. so I'm entrenched in Samsung. Iphone I would never never never contemplate. I will say, the N7 is something beyond comprehension if you haven't had and used it. So many things I wouldn't even know where to begin. But the closest thing to it is the N5. So through verizon I'm getting the gold Note 5 with a gift box that includes wireless charger, car charger, screen protector, Otterbox case in color of my choice (pink) and something else that I can't remember. It was sent out overnight delivery so I'll be getting it today. I couldn't leave the note. When the N8 comes out I'll be the 1st in line.. I just hope that after the 7 I'm not going to be more sad than i already am.

I'm interested in that note 5 gift box... I heard another member say they ordered it through Verizon... Do you mind telling me if you ordered that through website or through person to person phone chat? How much did you pay for it and it's it 32 or 64??

I can't find on the Verizon website and the note 5 32gb is the same price as the Note 7 ! $299

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Just cracked the edge of my Note 7... Time to order a note 5 but Verizon wants $399 for the 64gb version... The note 7 was only 299 and I'm kinda aggravated about that!! Best buy has it for only $1 for 2 year upgrade but none in stock! Where did y'all get one if you had Verizon? Did you just pay the $299 or do a device payment per month??

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I never really appreciated how beautiful the 5 was bc as soon as i got it I put it in a case. Really would like to keep it this way. It's beautiful. Do u think the back will scratch easily ?

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just cracked the edge of my Note 7... Time to order a note 5 but Verizon wants $399 for the 64gb version... The note 7 was only 299 and I'm kinda aggravated about that!! Best buy has it for only $1 for 2 year upgrade but none in stock! Where did y'all get one if you had Verizon? Did you just pay the $299 or do a device payment per month??

I got mine by calling Verizon sales dept. They can tell u immediately what there is in Stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11