Handwriting panel on Marshmallow: Note 5 <> Note 7?

Shadowbelle

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Welp, I've turned in my Note 7 for a Note 5, waiting for the Note 8. My previous phone was a Note 2.

When I got the Note 2, it had this great little handwriting panel that not only recognized individual words, it recognized line wrap. So I could write a couple of words and then write a couple more underneath, and the Note converted the handwriting into exactly what I had written.

Then came a software update, and the handwriting panel changed to a one-liner deal. Oh sure, the panel was the same size, but it only recognized one line of words (this is a phone -- that meant two words, or maybe three if they were very short). The second line would be merged with the first, creating gibberish.

I get my Note 7, and we're back to the original multi-line-capable handwriting panel. Yippee! Best phone ever! Except for that one little problem where it spontaneously combusts. So I go through the exchange for the replacement Note 7, and now again to the Note 5.

I applied the software updates; the new 5 is on Marshmallow 6.0.1; the 7 is 6.0.1. But the 5 doesn't have the good handwriting panel. It's back to the annoying no-line-wrap panel. And what's worse, the ink is thin and blue, kinda hard to read, and I can't find a way to change the ink effect to be stronger.

WTF, guys?

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Handwriting panel on Marshmallow: Note 5 &lt;&gt; Note 7?

I could be wrong, but I was thinking that when I got my Note 5 back in January, it did the double line too, and only switched to the one line when it updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow. But I can't swear to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49