Note 5 users - Are you happy?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I meant to add that I still have the new Note 5 and have about 6 days left in the buyer remorse period.

haprieto

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm a Note user. I swap the N7 for the S7E and is not the same. My previous Note 5 have the screen damaged. So with N7 fiasco, I send my Note 5 to be repair, so I can use it again.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I went back to the Note 5 which I love. Unfortunately I was close to having the 5 paid off when I jumped it so now I'm starting over. This time I went with a refurbished and am going to pay it off so when the Note 8 comes out I have a phone to fall back on if there are issues or I can pass it to my son. But if you're on the fence the Note 5 is the way to go!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I miss from Note 7 is the iris scanner, always on display, and battery life. Otherwise my Note 5 seems to function as well for me.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to settle on the Note 5 until I saw your comments. Now I am back in the middle again. The problem is that nothing is as good as the Note 7. Love the edge and I love the Stylus and use both of them daily. But I have to give one up.

I think I am going to have to come to terms that I am going to be unhappy for the next year no matter which way I go.
Once the Nougat update arrives, I think the S7E will have more of the feel of the Note7. I should be getting my S7E any minute now. Just the notification handling and Grace UX alone will be missed from the Note7.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If Note 5 had Grace UX, I'd be happy. My loaner was a S7edge and I really liked it. I thought it was the perfect size and pretty damn fast, but again, it doesn't have Grace UX. I'm holding out for the LG V20. Then I'm eligible for a JUMP in late November.
If you couldn't stand the S7E without Grace UX, you probably won't like whatever UI that LG is using. It seems like Samsung puts the most thought and features into their UI.
Moto basically just adds to stock Android and doesn't really change the look. Others don't seem as intuitive.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Once the Nougat update arrives, I think the S7E will have more of the feel of the Note7. I should be getting my S7E any minute now. Just the notification handling and Grace UX alone will be missed from the Note7.
I'm about 90% sure I'm going (back) to the S7 edge. There's no black models in site so I'd get the gold. Looks good with a black case

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised AT&T is not still selling the Note 5 considering the customer base using the Note 7 and wanting a similar device. No Note 5 online from AT&T, yet they are still selling the 2+ year old Galaxy S5!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^This. I have been round and round with AT&T about them not having any Note5's. I replaced my wife's Note7 with the S7 Edge....she likes it a lot and I still have my Note7. I am very happy with my Note5, so much so I want to get another via a swap for my Note7 that I have yet to turn in. I am trying to get that second Note5 because the Note7 purchase in August was the BOGO promotion. I have just finished my Note5 restore and it is now the daily driver with the Note7 off and waiting to be swapped for another Note5. I will give it another week.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 just arrived from ebay, looks perfect, right now it's on the wireless charger. After it's charged I'll power it up and activate it on my Sprint plan and then return this beautiful phone. I already know I'll miss AOD and Grace UI, but for $299 I own it and will always have a backup phone.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 just arrived from ebay, looks perfect, right now it's on the wireless charger. After it's charged I'll power it up and activate it on my Sprint plan and then return this beautiful phone. I already know I'll miss AOD and Grace UI, but for $299 I own it and will always have a backup phone.
I'm on sprint to did you buy from a seller that sells more of those can you p m me their information

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I am surprised AT&T is not still selling the Note 5 considering the customer base using the Note 7 and wanting a similar device. No Note 5 online from AT&T, yet they are still selling the 2+ year old Galaxy S5!
T-Mobile doesn't seem to have any Note 5's right now either. Maybe just sold out currently? They are not listed online. I called my 2 local T-Mobile's on Saturday. One did not have any. The other had 2 golds. I don't want gold. Will try again next weekend.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm on sprint to did you buy from a seller that sells more of those can you p m me their information
I just noticed your post, I don't know if you found one yet sorry but the mobile site doesn't show me any quotes of my posts. Had to contact Sprint to get a SIM card because the phone came without it, but after I put it in I swapped it for my Note7 no problem. Just look for a Sprint note 5 on ebay and see what grabs you, seems the prices went up.

itsworthmore on eBay

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It's not the Note 7 but it's a good phone, it's very similar and will hold me over until the next s-pen enabled device (whatever it's branded as). It also handles MM better than my Note Edge does.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile isn't showing any more 5's available through them. I could get a used one but that always makes me nervous as a couple times I've gotten a phone with defects that way

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile isn't showing any more 5's available through them. I could get a used one but that always makes me nervous as a couple times I've gotten a phone with defects that way

I got my N5 from the Bay and am happy with it (nice condition/functionality/battery performance) did not get the new box exp but I can live with that. I am on ATT, not sure what their TMO availability is.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the Note 5. Temporarily using 32gig waiting on my 64gig. No other phone would work for me with having to surrender the Note7.
No regrets getting this phone. Performs great. No lag, it's DECENT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm